Conceal Carry - Page 5 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1993
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500A
Yes, no training and no fees. My posts were before this bill was signed. Now I wonder if my CCDW will be honored in other states that require training still. Dang! And is the only photo ID I have that came out good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:19 PM

Year: 2004
Make: honda
Model: gl1800
Indiana has a Lifetime CCW option, $100. Left to county to control regs. on training and practice. My county has none, but the city used to have a regulation that in order to get a ccw you needed a statement from someone outside you family, that you weren't insane or a criminal. NRA sued them, now just like county.

If anyone is looking for a good holster, check out Stoner Holsters website, they have one to fit any handgun, each with several options like cant angle and comfort lining. All hand made in Ohio, and quite reasonable. The owner and his son still do the work.

MGK
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 06:03 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardGKrebbs View Post
My county has none, but the city used to have a regulation that in order to get a ccw you needed a statement from someone outside you family, that you weren't insane or a criminal.

Like in guilty until proven innocent.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:32 PM
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingRider101+ View Post
Michigan is an Open Carry w/o permit state.
The Law reads like this..

"Carrying a handgun without a CPL license in Michigan is legal with a few restrictions. You cannot open carry at a business or grocery store that sell's alcohol. Residents of Michigan can open carry a handgun without a CPL license if the gun is registered to their name."

I have never carried open- have never felt the need to. I seldom carry at all even though I'm able to. About the only times I do carry is when I have my wife and children with me, such as at a some type of event, or when traveling through high crime areas, and of course when going to the club/gun range.
If you only carry a gun when you are going somewhere you think you might need it... don't go there.

Some free advice, if you are going to carry a gun,carry it. EVERY time you leave the house. Otherwise that one time that you do need, you won't have it.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:39 PM
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Winger View Post
If you only carry a gun when you are going somewhere you think you might need it... don't go there.

That's some good advise.
dwade likes this.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:24 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Aspencade
I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to carry even at home. My wife used to question me on that but the more that she has seen in the news about home invasions and break ins the better she feels about it. And when someone tells me I never use it at home I tell them I live on a farm and use it an average of twice a week for self defense of my sweethearts garden LOL. Many a groundhog or rabbit has been caught attacking defenseless carrots, beans and lettuce and those innocent lives were defended expeditiously.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
AZgl1800, DaveO430, flylow and 2 others like this.
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:28 AM
mod-erator

Garage
In case anyone is looking for a good deal. I have one of these and like it a lot. Conceal Carry-taurus-ad.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taurus ad.jpg (50.1 KB, 10 views)

2010 1800 pearl yellow

post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:13 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800A
Garage
I think Taurus is working hard to overcome the issues they had a couple years ago. I almost "pulled the trigger" on one last year, but I picked up an S&W M&P Shield 9mm Performance Center instead.

'03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:55 AM
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamathumper View Post
I think Taurus is working hard to overcome the issues they had a couple years ago. I almost "pulled the trigger" on one last year, but I picked up an S&W M&P Shield 9mm Performance Center instead.
Yes, they do seem to be. I have fired a 3 lb coffee can almost full of brass from this pistol with 0 failures. The only gripe I have is the price has come down considerably since I bought mine.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:32 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800A
Garage
I misspoke, I think it was the PT911 I was considering, so that time I picked up an ATI FX45 1911 GI instead. Nice clone made to original specs, but it's not relieved and it puts a hard crease in the brass.

'03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Guns & Ammo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page