LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Intruders Beware

I just saw this on FB while scrolling this morning.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/home...xD8JmS39IhFVfE

ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - When an Atlanta man walked into his house on Arthur Street Friday morning, he was startled when he saw an intruder. Police say that's when the homeowner grabbed his gun.

We live in a rural area, and have felt safe where we are....
but, just before we left on vacation, there was a story of a guy pulling a gun on a cash register clerk in a women's shopping center....

the same store that my daughter frequents a lot.

she passed her CCW permit class, but never finished up taking the registration to the Sheriff's office to have it approved. seems $100 is a lot of bucks for her.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL
June 18th, 19th and 20th of 2019

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - When an Atlanta man walked into his house on Arthur Street Friday morning, he was startled when he saw an intruder.
That's why I live in that neighborhood. Last time the cops were called it took them 45 minutes to show up for an armed robbery with shots fired.

Usually the troublesome ones work as gangs and do home invasions here but there are plenty of singles out there working too. Like the one I caught in my fenced back yard looking in the garage. When I stepped out with my 6" stainless S&W he had the "Sir"s coming out of him almost as fast as the lies.

Since he was outside and didn't make any sudden moves, I let him walk back thru the dogshit minefield and climb the fence he came over at.

Ain't seen too much of him or his ilk since.

Still waiting for the big assault attempt on the house. Got gifts for all concerned.
Got tired of renewing the CCW so I carry more painful but less lethal stuff when out and about. But in the house... I hope you fellas told your mama that you love her before stopping in uninvited because Rudy only likes good surprises.
Shooter, AZgl1800 and DaveO430 like this.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
There are several lethal weapons in my home, at least one in every room. As well as a very healthy yet unsocialized pit bull.
I have trail cameras set up outside my home. I also have neighbors who are like minded and we watch each others homes.

Pull some stupidity in my neighborhood yer gonna get ventilated...a lot.
LarryC, DaveO430 and dwade like this.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:07 PM

Year: 1993
Model: GL1500A
There are some states that do not have stand your ground laws. California used to be one of them. If an intruder broke into your home while you were there, you had to announce that you had a gun and ask him to leave. If he came toward you, you were obligated to retreat to a safe spot. If it at all possible, you were required to leave the home and seek shelter some place else and notify the police. From my understanding this is no longer the case but you are still limited on how you may confront an intruder. Unless you are a very knowledgeable attorney, chances are you will end up violating his rights somehow.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:17 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaframboise View Post
There are some states that do not have stand your ground laws. California used to be one of them. If an intruder broke into your home while you were there, you had to announce that you had a gun and ask him to leave. If he came toward you, you were obligated to retreat to a safe spot. If it at all possible, you were required to leave the home and seek shelter some place else and notify the police. From my understanding this is no longer the case but you are still limited on how you may confront an intruder. Unless you are a very knowledgeable attorney, chances are you will end up violating his rights somehow.
If you make sure the intruder is in no condition to sue there shouldn't be a problem.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
just finished a book about just such a case in Opelika, AL.

intruder caught the wife and husband in bed at 2 a.m., neutralized them with a stun gun.
zip tied their hands and feet, held a .380 to the head of the husband to make the wife feel the horror of him being killed.

the son slipped into the bedroom with dad's 12ga and bore sighted the intruder with a headshot. the 12ga put the 8 year old boy on the floor, with a mangled eyebrow, but the intruder was dead.

CSI and sheriff ruled it lawful homestead protection.

the boy is undergoing a lot of psychological help with this.

( the boy had been trained to use the shotgun " a much lighter gauge though " )
he knew how to point and shoot.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL

~ John
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:54 PM

Year: 1993
Model: GL1500A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
just finished a book about just such a case in Opelika, AL.

intruder caught the wife and husband in bed at 2 a.m., neutralized them with a stun gun.
zip tied their hands and feet, held a .380 to the head of the husband to make the wife feel the horror of him being killed.

the son slipped into the bedroom with dad's 12ga and bore sighted the intruder with a headshot. the 12ga put the 8 year old boy on the floor, with a mangled eyebrow, but the intruder was dead.

CSI and sheriff ruled it lawful homestead protection.

the boy is undergoing a lot of psychological help with this.

( the boy had been trained to use the shotgun " a much lighter gauge though " )
he knew how to point and shoot.

I do believe that a shotgun is the weapon of choice for home protection. In the south, kids are brought up with guns. Whether it's hunting or target practice, they know and understand what a gun of any type can do. Many people only take it out to play with it or show it to a friend then put it back to hide it from the kids. Which family do you think is most likely to have a mishap?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
a 410/22 is my next weapon to purchase.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL

~ John
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 PM

Year: 2004
Model: GL1800
Consider an AR15 for home defense.
The. 223 round will actually penetrate fewer walls than a 9mm. The 223 round will fragment pretty quickly whereas the 9 or other handgun calibers will keep moving.
I'm too lazy to post links to support that, but we all know how to use Google.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Year: 2004
Make: honda
Model: gl1800
Quote:
I do believe that a shotgun is the weapon of choice for home protection.

this is my shotgun of choice

MGK

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Guns & Ammo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page