Diff'rent wheels for GL1800 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Well my GL1500 is sold so I've got a bit of cash to spend on goodies for my 1800. Has anyone got links for places to see chrome wheels (or nice alloy ones)? I'd like to see pictures of the wheels as well.

Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 02:46 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

I have made hundreds of enquireys for chrome wheels for the 1800 ,and I have found none ,,It is no problem to find places in the states that will chrome your wheel for you ,it costs between $275 and $375 each wheel and you have to strip everything off the wheel including bearings,They are currently working on about a 5 week turnaround ,that price is only for chroming ,,not shipping ..If anybody can find anybody selling them post it here ..cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 06:06 PM

Post imported post

I wonder why there are no off the shelf chrome wheels availaable? There are (were at least) loads available for the GL1500.

Brian Rowan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 06:17 PM
The Irish Crew

Model: GL1100 Interstate
Post imported post

I'm just surprised nobody has come up with ABS plastic chrome covers that you can install over the wheels. That's one the aftermarket people missed out on, even though you would have to remove the wheels to fit the covers.

Alan Fitzpatrick.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 06:34 PM

Post imported post

The next time that you all get a chance to view the wingnuts have a close look atthe wheels. It's the nearest thing that I have seen to chrome in a long time. and it's all done with polish and a bit of elbow grease.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 05:18 PM

Post imported post

No chrome wheels for the GL1800 available. Very surprising I find this.

Werner.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 10:14 AM

Post imported post

Hey you ungrateful sods, Why would anyone want chrome wheels when the wingnut has the cure on this site at, https://www.goldwingfacts.com/wheelpolishing.htm. Chrome wheels can be ordered at the following places at a price, http://www.classiccomponents.com/ http://www.owllighting.com/specialtyitems.html www.chroming.com/site/index.htm www.cyrusachrome.com/sportbike.html

Now lets see how many put up their hands to order these wheels.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 03:09 PM

Post imported post

Hey REDWING ,thanks for the info ,I will check them out now and see what sort of prices they are ,I had a chrome front wheel on my 1500 and with the triple coloured ring of fire it looked spectacular,I know it is not everybody who likes their wing shining like a christmas tree ,but it is an intrest,be it an expensive one ,but I dont drink or smoke (very boring really) so I get my kicks out of my wing ,,if one day you see this bright shining star coming of the ferry up your way it will be me showing off ,,,See ya .........Ciaran

yes it is Gaelic

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 06:58 PM

Post imported post

wexman wrote:
Quote:
Hey REDWING ,thanks for the info ,I will check them out now and see what sort of prices they are , I dont drink or smoke (very boring really) ,,See ya .........Ciaran
Thats my biggest problem, if i could get off the fags and booze i would have plenty of euro's to buy chrome wheels, sure no one sees this old ladyof mine out here on the islands so there's not much point buying them. This pc screen looks very strange when your full of brandy. ! Hiccup ! Hiccup !

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 02:38 PM

Post imported post

Hey Redwing ,I contacted http://www.owllighting.com/specialtyitems.html, yesterday and I got talking to a guy called Paul who looks after international orders ,he was really helpful ,,normally to buy a set of chrome wheels ,he needs to get your old wheel first and then he sends the exchange units to you ,So I explained to him ,that I use my wing everyday and could not be without it for 6 weeks ,so he is sending me a chromed front wheel and when I send my one back to him he will refund me the difference inthe money ,,,Dont ask how much this wheel cost ,,if I tell you, my wife (the boss too) will see it and I will spend the christmas grovelling and washing dishes ,,not to mention painting and wall papering ,,The wheel is currently winging its way to me ,,so I should have it end of next week ,I will take some photos and put them here ,,,I will have to disguise the bike in case ,she who must be obeyed sees it ,,,cheers Ciaran ,,,,

yes it is Gaelic

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page