Clear Lenses. - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 05:41 PM

Post imported post

I rang Tobin at 20.00hrs and he was able to tell me that my lenses were in Santry at that time and they were posted by Fedex Express. Plenty of time even if they come in Jan. Im waiting 2yrs for them to be made so another 2 wks wont make any diff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

I don't know how it is in your parts of the world, but the US Postal Service is a Joke!

If you want junk mail and ads, they sure can supply that crap, but first class mail and parcels do better being sent by mental telepathy. UPS and Fedex are the only ways to go here!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 05:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Littlejohn
Post imported post

Why don't you look at my posting on USA accessories. Here we have a guy who flies to the USA several times a week and can supply nearly on demand, items without the littles extras added on for nearly 50% UK prices. He has several of the light kits available for £138 all in for both sets.

Candy Red 2003 GL1800A3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 05:47 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Hi John ..thats £138 sterling ,I got 2 sets in 2 weeks ago for150 euro each set landed .,one for myself and one for wingnut,had them in 2 days ,,UPS,thats almost 50 euro cheaper than your man in the UK ,,it pays to shop around ,,you are being robbed in the UK for shiney bits ,,if something is $200 in the Usa you are paying £200 sterling which is almost twice the price ,I have been bringing in shiney bits for a lot of the lads here and paying duty and vat and shipping they are still coming in way cheaper than anything I have seen anywhere in the uk ,I saw those euro lenses on e bay UK last week for £180 sterling ,,all these people are short of is a balaclava ,,pure robbery ...cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:16 PM

Post imported post

wexman wrote:
Quote:
Well lads I hate to put a dampner on you spirits ,you have not got a snowballs chance in hell of receiving them before xmas.

Thats my 2 cents worth ...cheers Ciaran
Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa arrived this morning with thebag over his shoulder and gave me a nice box which had the Clear Lenses inside. Ho! Ho! Ho! I have them fitted to my and they look cool. Well done to Fedex and http://www.clearalternatives.com/index.html No damper on my spirts wexman, but the spirts in the glass are damp and they taste so good.

Tobin told me that they intend to make the clear lenses for the rear of the but couldn't put adate on it. I will probably have my SE 2000 Auto. Goldwingin '06 by that time, I dont mind the rear lenses so much, it was these front lenses that really looked cruel. Merry xmas everyone.

post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

I got mine as well. Would you believe it, only39 hours from the time I phoned in the order for two sets, I got a phone call from a Fedex delivery man. That was at 0845 this morning as I was dropping Dylan into school when I got the call. Twenty minutes later the guy dropped them into me in work and I fitted them shortly after. I'll post a picture of them fitted tomorrow, if I remember to pack a camera with my lunch. That's the fastest I ever got anything from the USA. Michael is the man I dealt with in Clear Alternatives and he posted the lights off as soon as I placed the order. Total shipping charges were only $18 for two sets of lights (one set is for Santa Mick), well worth it.

The fit and finish of these lights is first rate, no flaws or problems ( and anyone on this forum who knows me knows how fussy I am with these things). They fit perfectly into the mirror aperture and they have that factory fitted look. You will need a #10 Torx (star) head driver to remove the screws that retain the existing lenses.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:46 PM

Post imported post

That's amazing, 39 hours! CA sounds like a decent crowd to deal with.

Eamonn.
1985 GL1200 Aspencade
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:48 PM

Post imported post

Hey wingnut, I think its only fair that i tell the members that you are a director of clearalternatives and thats how we got them delivered so quickly. That was a nice gesture to get a set for Santa (Mick) Im looking forward to seeing his in the new year.

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:52 PM

Year: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

REDWING WROTE..........Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa arrived this morning with thebag over his shoulder and gave me a nice box which had the Clear Lenses inside. Ho! Ho! Ho!..

Ho HO HO yerself ,,I hope you got meme a set as a xmas box after all the abuse you geve me for the past year

if not I will have to head for the islands and put that cigar of yours somewhere where the sun dont shine ...

That was super fast delivery ,,it is great when suppliers actually use their head and send the goods with fedex or UPS ,,I will hold off ordering until I see wingnuts on sunday ....cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:58 PM
The Irish Crew

Model: GL1100 Interstate
Post imported post

I wouldn't have believed how fast the lights arrived if I hadn't seen them today. Dropped into Steve at lunchtime and seen the lights fitted to his 03. They look perfect, for aftermarket stuff they rival OEM stuff and look far better than the stock orange lights. Well done to Clear Alternatives for catering for this demand by 1800 owners.

Alan Fitzpatrick.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page