Clear Lenses. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 05:14 PM

Post imported post

Just recieved email from Tobin Tracy in http://www.clearalternatives.com/index.html the front clear lenses are ready for sale, hurragh ! ! Santa has come early. Phone Tobin at 0017022930537. Merry xmas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 02:15 AM

Post imported post

Redwing, I looked at the site and want to order them, but It's not clear if you need to order orange bulbs as well. Do you know is we use standard bulbs or psinted orange ones? Thanks.

Ambrose Renehan.
GL1800, 2007 silver.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:31 PM

Post imported post

03Silver wrote:
Quote:
Redwing, I looked at the site and want to order them, but It's not clear if you need to order orange bulbs as well. Do you know is we use standard bulbs or psinted orange ones? Thanks.
Hey 03Silver, These lenses come complete with bulbs. If you phone Tobin at the number i gave, ask him to throw in a few spare bulbs for luck.Dont deley because these lenses are flying out the door.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 02:14 PM

Post imported post

You're right Redwing. I phoned them up about 6pm (it was 10am and sunny where they were, 71 degrees the lucky sods). They come with bulbs and I asked for spares as well. Expresso shipping so I might just have them before Santa arrives.

[align=center][/align]

Ambrose Renehan.
GL1800, 2007 silver.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 02:54 PM

Post imported post

03Silver wrote:
Quote:
You're right Redwing. I phoned them up about 6pm (it was 10am and sunny where they were, 71 degrees the lucky sods). They come with bulbs and I asked for spares as well. Expresso shipping so I might just have them before Santa arrives.
Quote:
[align=center][/align]
Quote:
Hope you have them for Santa's visit in Sth.Anne St. on Sunday next. You will be the envy of them all.Dont tell them i told you. Hope to have mine first post on the Island Friday morn.
Quote:
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 02:19 AM

Post imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Quote:
03Silver wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

[align=center][/align]
Quote:
Hope you have them for Santa's visit in Sth.Anne St. on Sunday next. You will be the envy of them all.Dont tell them i told you. Hope to have mine first post on the Island Friday morn.
You guys are optimistic! Don'tcha know how slow the post gets this time of year?

Martin Egan.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:11 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Well lads I hate to put a dampner on you spirits ,but unless they were sent via UPS express and not USPS global express ,you have not got a snowballs chance in hell of receiving them before xmas ,,,I have parcels coming in almost weekly ,I always ship UPS express and you have it in 2 days ,but USPS global express can take weeks ,,it goes from the states to Germany and it could sit in Germany for a week ,then it comes to Dublin with GLS and it could sit in dublin for weeks ,,,gls are a complete disaster area ,,I had a parcel sent on the 22nd aug with shiney bits ,,do you know when I got it ?10 days ago,,it might be more expensive to ship UPS,but at least you get the goods ,,,,

Thats my 2 cents worth ...cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 02:27 PM

Post imported post

wexman wrote:
Quote:
Well lads I hate to put a dampner on you sririts ,but unless they were sent via UPS express.
Hey wexman and Budegan, dont be so negative. Two sets of clear lenses landed in Santry this afternoon, one set for the wingnut and the other set is for someold guy outon the Islands. Merry xmas

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 03:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

Mine were sent by Fedex at 1821hrs yesterday and at 1820hrs today they were in Stanstead, UK. So there is hope that they might get to good old Ireland soon enough. I asked them not to sent by USPS as I've had mixed results with GLS in Blanchardstown in the past. Never had problems with Fedex.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:12 PM

Year: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

I think you could send them by pidgeon and they would get here quicker than USPS ,,fedex are reliable ,I have had problems with DHL on 2 deliveries ,,took 1 day from Ohio to Dublin and 6 days to travel the remaining 60 miles to my house ,You know waiting on deliveries can stress a person out ,Have you ever tried to ring GLS to see where your parcel was ?I was waiting 47 mins at 30cent a minute one day ,,when you ring they put you on to an answering service and you have to wait for a human to come on,,minimum wait can be 5 mins the max could be hours ..anyway happy xmas to you all ,,now wheres my parcel ? Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page