I'm convinced, it's real. 69 69.00%
I'm not buying this picture, it's fake. 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Post imported post

Ok here we go.

Every member just post yourvote on this Poll and tell us if you agree or disagree that the photo shown of the is genuine or false. Im not convinced.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:16 PM

Post imported post

Well the description says it all. If you think the picture that Ben posted yesterday is really of the revamped GL1800 for 2006, or if you think its a fake, please join the poll.

Ambrose Renehan.
GL1800, 2007 silver.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:30 PM

Post imported post

Looks real enough to me, I'll buy it just for the fun of it. Just don't ask me to place a bet on it though.

Willy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

Well the picture is really convincing and the higher res one that Ben sent me is even more convincing, but the gear light has me puzzled. I can't se how it will work in that type of setting. I mean it doesn't seem to be anLED digit. Of course maybe it is and I'm just not up to speed on current dash technology.
I'll have to side with ouldRedwing and sanfelice on this, now that the initial excitement has passed and sanity has prevailed. All this is at the risk of looking like an idiot when we get the word from Honda, but it's all good clean fun.

BTW Ambrose, I've marked the topic sticky so it will stay at the top and will expire in six days. That will give it time to see what people think.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Model: GL1800
Post imported post

I think it's real. Well done Honda.

Werner.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:56 PM

Post imported post

I agree with Werner.

Eugene.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 05:18 PM
The Irish Crew

Post imported post

Looks real to me as well. The black digit in the green dashlight isn't a new idea, I've seen it used in aircraft for a long time.

Dave Heffernan.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 07:39 PM

Year: This one 1998
Make: Duh
Model: GL 1500 SE. The best
Garage
Post imported post

corners look a little to crisp for me kinda "plastic lookin" on valve cover shot, but been wrong before. T$

1998 GL1500SE WITH ALL THE EYE CANDY KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP AND THE WHEELS ROLLIN,SHINY SIDE NOT SO SHINY ANYMORE WHEELS STILL ROLL
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

I am a photoshop person professionally, and I would like to offer a couple of comments. Its my opinion that the photo has, at the very least, been "assembled" from multiple originals.

1. Notice the 'sun burst' on the panel amid-ships. That would suggest that the sun was hitting it full sideways. Its not likely that they used flash, if they were outside.

2. The shadow under the bike runs lengthwise to the bike, suggesting the sun was hitting it from the front.

Just my two centsworth...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 04:10 AM

Post imported post

ubarw wrote:
Quote:
I am a photoshop person professionally, and I would like to offer a couple of comments. Its my opinion that the photo has, at the very least, been "assembled" from multiple originals.

1. Notice the 'sun burst' on the panel amid-ships. That would suggest that the sun was hitting it full sideways. Its not likely that they used flash, if they were outside.

2. The shadow under the bike runs lengthwise to the bike, suggesting the sun was hitting it from the front.

Just my two centsworth...
I use Photosop extensively as well and you've missed a point. The highlights on the wheels and mid panel were caused by fill-flash, not the sun (the sun from the front wouldn't have lifted the wheels). The main light or sun was indeed from the front, you can see the shadow of the handlebars on the saddle at the same angle as the shadow underneath the bike.

I think the picture is doctored as well,but I don't think its done by compostites. I think extensiveuse of the liquify tool has made here onone main picture, the bike (for instance copy & paste the saddle and then stretch it before cleaning up the edges). The dash lights are easily done by cut & paste and the text tool. As you know, this is the sort of thing gets done daily by ad agencies and this example is well done. Whoever did it knew what he or she was doing.
Note that there is no reference to "2006 model" or any other leading text on the image, it's us that's assumed it all. Nice one, but we've been had in my opinion. Of course I could be wrong, this could well be a genuine bike that's been touched up for advertising. Great fun though, it's stirred things up well and judging by the poll most people are still conviinced by it.

Lucky Eddie.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page