Cee Bailey Windshield - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 PM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

New screen fitted, now going for a test ride, two up. First reaction is, I like it because it sweeps forward, unlike Tulsa, so less chance of my smacking my nose on it as I mount and dismount!! I have concern about the vent, but it isn't raining amazingly, so probably won't be able to report on that yet.

Pete

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 01:23 PM

Post imported post

exavid wrote:
Quote:
You might have a problem with your speakers, on both my 1200 and 1500 I can hear the radio just fine with the front speakers at highway speeds. Never have to turn it up quite to half way on the volume controls. The automatic volume control does a good job, it comes in at around 45 mph and raises the volume. I had rear speakers on both bikes but always ended up using only the front. The headsets do make it better for music, I use them when I listen to classical music from our local classical station, the dynamic range of most classical pieces is just too wide to work well without them.

Oh the speakers are OK, I just did not have the volume up quite enough, and I have yet to prove the auto volume is working. I just need to doa trial on that feature. I also just got an HJC AC-3 helmet and it covers my ears a lot better. Can't wait to get the headset.

Hawker22(Ken)
Per Ardua Ad Astra
1997 GL1500SE--White Cloud
2001 GL1800----Blue Yonder
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 04:38 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Went for a spin last night. LUXURY!! No more buffeting, for me or Helen.

I was looking through the screen, something I haven't experienced on any of my previous bikes screens. Since the screen is brand new, it is absolutely fine, with no distortion or light problems. If it gets scratched in the future, that would become a problem. The NACA vent doesn't send wind at me at all. Something I wasn't expecting, is that the headlight beam illuminates the upper edge of the bottem of the vent. At first I was worried about whether this might prove distracting, but I am happy to report that it is forgotten about, once the novelty has worn off.

We rode in very bright head on sunlight, ( dangerous at the best of times) through the dusk and into full darkness. At no time was I unhappy with the screen. The engine noise that we heard increased, so if anyone had noisy pipes that might be an issue, but for me I liked it, both because I like the sound my Wing makes and also because I would hear anything wrong with her.

Intercom sound quality is better, we do not get wind noise through the mikes, blasting in each others ears now, downside is I can't pretend I didn't hear Helen

When I ordered the screen from "Woodeys" I talked at length to Mike and he is now aware of this site. I believe he is going to watch it for a while and then maybe make contact with Steve. Any riders on my side of the pond, who wish to change, I can thoroughly recommend the screen.

The only thing I was unable to test yesterday, was the rain and vent thing. Without wishing it upon us, I will let you know what I think as soon as we are "blessed" by the rain Gods!!

Pete

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 08:02 AM

Post imported post

always get a vent. you can always close

2005 Honda GL1800 Silver
2005 Bushtec Silver Quantum Trailer
Iron Butt Member# 23830
W Chaper Texas
Member #1 LIMNCS
(less is more non chrome society)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 08:14 AM

Post imported post

I just put a new SlipStreamer with vent on my 1200 two weeks ago and did a 2,000 mile trip with it. I absolutely love it and the vent is a great bonus, allowing lots of cooling air to flow through that otherwise wouldn't. Always get the vent!

1986 GL1200 Interstate
1996 BMW R1100RT - "Pegasus"
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 02:35 PM

Post imported post

Hi Curt

Can I ask where u bought your slipstream windshield. Looking to get a new one and undecided which to buy.

Joe

1986 GL100I
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:04 PM

Post imported post

Wing Things in Texas.

1986 GL1200 Interstate
1996 BMW R1100RT - "Pegasus"
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:35 PM

Post imported post

Thanks Curt, will check the site out

Joe

1986 GL1200I
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page