"79 Wing Float level - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 10:56 AM

Post imported post

In my "75 - 79 Service manual (page 9-21) it shows how to set the float level on the carbs. It shows 21mm as the measurement. However the picture is not very good and I cannot make out where this measurement it taken.

I bought this machine with 23K miles on it this spring and it had been service by a local "fix all" motorcycle shop. Three out fo the four carbs leak, a sure sign that the float levels are wrong. I also have a'77 wing with 73K miles on it.

Thanks in advance.

B. J. Baum

Decatur, IL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 01:16 PM

Post imported post

Try this link and good luck. Also, the leaky carbs you speak of could have a bad valve (or after market), not necessarily a bad level. Pull the float off (be very careful not to break off the post when you remove the pin) and check for groves in the rubber tip of the valve. Also check out Randakk Gl1000 web site. He has info on float valves, and the info below is from him as well.
Lou
http://groups.msn.com/ClassicWingSIG..._Message=15991
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Post imported post

b. J> Baum wrote:
Quote:
In my "75 - 79 Service manual (page 9-21) it shows how to set the float level on the carbs. It shows 21mm as the measurement. However the picture is not very good and I cannot make out where this measurement it taken.

I bought this machine with 23K miles on it this spring and it had been service by a local "fix all" motorcycle shop. Three out fo the four carbs leak, a sure sign that the float levels are wrong. I also have a'77 wing with 73K miles on it.

Thanks in advance.

B. J. Baum

Decatur, IL

B.J., you might want to look at this thread of a few days ago. Look down the page a ways to about post 8 or so.. Then drop down to #17 on the list posted..

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/4858.html

Twisty

Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the window!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page