main fuse - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I am would like to change my main fuse to the newer type did a search & didn't find anything. cold someone please tell me what type of fuse to get & maybe point me to a diagram some were?

thanks

82 interstate

1982 Interstate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 05:10 AM

Post imported post

Hippie wrote:
Quote:
I am would like to change my main fuse to the newer type did a search & didn't find anything. cold someone please tell me what type of fuse to get & maybe point me to a diagram some were?

thanks

82 interstate
Hippie, you need a BLADE type fuse holder with a 30 amp blade type fuse.. Use a sealed fuse holder if possible (has a snap on rubber cover)..You would like to use a fuse holder with at least 14 gaugepigtails & preferably 12 gauge pig tails..If you do a search for blade fuse then define the search to Twisty I have posted some pictures of what's needed & how to install in past posts..

Most of the better auto parts stores have those sealed blade type fuse holders as they are replacement forsome of the older GM cars & trucks..

"If there is any doubt about the condition of the red wire connector or burnt terminals at that starter relay you need to make a repair there... The best way to do that is to: cut off both large red wires just above the relay connector,, then solder the two red wires together along with one pigtail of a 30 amp sealedblade type automotive fuse holder (cover the solder joint with heat shrink tubing),, then solder a ring terminal to the other pigtail of that 30 any fuse holder & fasten that ring directly under the positive battery post screw.. That completely eliminates the relay mounted 30 amp original fuse & also eliminates any resistance down in that starter relay connection,, then put some silicone sealer in the remnants of the relay connector (where you cut the wires off) to keep any water out.. (you will no further trouble in that area after the the repair)"..

Twisty

Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the window!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 01:41 PM

Model: '85 GL1200 Aspy
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverDave
Post imported post

┬*If you search .. you can also find 40's┬* (in red)┬* I want my individual 10 to 25┬* fuses to blow first, as I find this is a fiddly fuse to access,and change ... SilverDave┬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif[/img]

1985 Aspy Pinstriped Powder Blue & Matching blue Trailer.
"Mathematics is the Music of the Mind"

Gray-haired bikers don't get that way from pure luck.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page