Center stand - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Wingsailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manson, North Carolina, USA
Posts: 263
Post imported post

While the bike is on the lift, I decided to lubricate the center stand. While doing that I noticed that I only have 1 spring. Is that the norm or am I missing 1? If so, do I need to replace the missing one?

1984 GL1200A Back home (son-in-law is gone!)
2005 GL1800
1983 Tanzer 22
Wingsailor is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
 
tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Waterford, Ontario, Canada, GL1200 Aspencade
Year: 1985
Make: Honda
Model: 85 Aspencade
Posts: 3,391
Post imported post

Only one spring on the centre stand. You must be one of our more robust members you live a little too far from me other wise I would have you lift mine up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg centre stand_.JPG (32.1 KB, 198 views)
tricky is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Monkey with a Football
 
Rudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With VPN, anywhere
Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Posts: 19,229
Garage
Post imported post

tricky wrote:
Quote:
Only one spring on the centre stand. You must be one of our more robust members you live a little too far from me other wise I would have you lift mine up
It's easier if you get off of it first.





Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
Rudy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
jsmith24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Posts: 700
Post imported post

Okay, confession time... I actually have tried putting my 1100 up on the center stand while I was on the seat. I figured "Hey, it's not that hard to do when I'm off the bike, and I can reach the side stand bar...and surely I can push down with my foot and pull back on the bars and get her up." Of course I know now what I'm sure all of you do - it's just not possible. If it is, I'd like to see it done!

So, now that I had the courage to confess my little experiment, does anyone else want to own up to trying the same?

Jack

1983 GL1100 Interstate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmith24 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: East Chicago, In., , USA
Posts: 537
Post imported post

Hey Js We all dont live in Richmond Virginia! [ but wished i did ]

Alski [ Lord, please make me as good as my dog thinks I am!]
1987 Aspencade - Black
alski425 is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
jsmith24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Posts: 700
Post imported post

alski425 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Js We all dont live in Richmond Virginia! [ but wished i did]
Hey alski,

I don't follow...

Jack

1983 GL1100 Interstate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmith24 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
FenderHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 4,910
Post imported post

I could actually do that with my '77, but that was 30 years ago, and everything seems like it was easier then. I'm pretty sure the GL 1000s were a little lighter than my 1200, too, but not sure. Now, I'm just grateful that I can still use the CS at all!!!

I do all my own stunts...
Mike
FenderHead is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Monkey with a Football
 
Rudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With VPN, anywhere
Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Posts: 19,229
Garage
Post imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Quote:
Okay, confession time... I actually have tried putting my 1100 up on the center stand while I was on the seat. I figured "Hey, it's not that hard to do when I'm off the bike, and I can reach the side stand bar...and surely I can push down with my foot and pull back on the bars and get her up." Of course I know now what I'm sure all of you do - it's just not possible. If it is, I'd like to see it done!

So, now that I had the courage to confess my little experiment, does anyone else want to own up to trying the same?

Jack
Ok, I confess. I watched you try. That's how I know not to.






Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
Rudy is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
gkiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford, New Jersey, USA
Posts: 623
Send a message via MSN to gkiesel
Post imported post

Wing sailor, I'm curious, I've wanted to lube my centerstand also.It appears as though the exhaust will interfere with the thru bolt.Did you remove the exhaust? Any helpfull hints? Thanks

George K
1984 Aspencade
1999 Kawasaki zrx1100
1995 Honda CR250
1977 KZ400 S3
gkiesel is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Member
 
jsmith24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Posts: 700
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
jsmith24 wrote:
Quote:
Okay, confession time... I actually have tried putting my 1100 up on the center stand while I was on the seat. I figured "Hey, it's not that hard to do when I'm off the bike, and I can reach the side stand bar...and surely I can push down with my foot and pull back on the bars and get her up." Of course I know now what I'm sure all of you do - it's just not possible. If it is, I'd like to see it done!

So, now that I had the courage to confess my little experiment, does anyone else want to own up to trying the same?

Jack
Ok, I confess. I watched you try. That's how I know not to.

1983 GL1100 Interstate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmith24 is offline  
Closed Thread

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Side stand or center stand oharaLTD General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 42 02-27-2011 06:09 PM
center stand screwup Goldwing Technical Forum 3 09-25-2010 04:07 PM
Center stand papabee49 General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 20 12-18-2008 07:19 PM
center stand VS. side stand CBW Goldwing Technical Forum 12 10-01-2008 06:41 AM
Center stand - Side stand Putt N along General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 8 04-19-2007 12:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome