buyers guide - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I am a new member that doesn't like to pay $75.00 an hour for labor. This is a great site and I am going to use the info to do my own air filter. It hurt every time I had to pay $12.00 for an oil filter. I found a company named "chrome world" that sells gl 1800 EMGO filters in a 5 pack for $25.00. They meet all manuf. specs and they are identical to the honda filters, I cut one open and compared it ! They also give a new goldwing away every year to a customer. I am not associated with this company in any way I just like to save a few bucks (dollars) when I can. It must be the Irish in me. They also carry just about anything you could want for any year wing. Thanks for a great site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 12:25 PM

Post imported post

The shop manual that Honda sells is a great tool if you are going to be doing things like changing your air filter or valve adjustments yourself. It is spendy, about $75, but well worth it when you consider how much it will save you in maintenance. They are available through Wingstuff, Wing Worx & others. Good luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

steve green wrote:
Quote:
...I just like to save a few bucks (dollars) when I can. It must be the Irish in me...

Then you must have County Cavan blood in you, also known as the mean county. The rest of us don't mind spending.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page