Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intercom System

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Bagmaster 
#1 ·
imported post

I bought a 95 Aspencade a couple of weeks ago and just tried to use the intercom system on the bike, but I can't get it to work.
When I switch to the headset mode, I can hear the radio but no talking or listening to the passenger. I turned to intercom control knob all the way clockwise and just don't know what else I have to do for it to com on.
I didn't use the original headsets since I have full-face helmets and installed the headsets I had purchased a long time ago with my Chatterbox system.
Is there anything I can do to check if it is the system on the bike or my headsets?
Mechanically I think I can do about anything on the bike that needs to be done. I changed already the fork seals, brake pads and the air-filter and probably do the timing belts over the winter month.
I'm just a little inclined when it comes to any electrical work.

Thanks everybody in advance for your help.

#2 ·
imported post

Do you have both headsets plugged in? Also did you check to see if the chatterbox headsets are compatible with the 5-pin Honda system before hooking them up?

Post the model number for the Chatterbox sets. You may need an adapter cable for them to be fully functional with the Honda system.

#3 ·
imported post

Bagmaster,

I have both headsets plugged in and the Chatterbox headset number is a 5 pin set with the number FRS 27A/H.
I may try the original headset that came with the bike to see if that works.

#4 ·
imported post

Well, I'm coming up empty on the Chatterbox website about whether thier headsets can be adapted to the Honda audio systems. You may not be able to use them and have to use the Honda sets.

#11 ·
imported post

I think J&M is the only headset company that makes headsets that work with the Honda systems. No where can I find a reference to a Chatterbox set that's compatible.

#13 ·
imported post

Scuba, fill in your location in your profile so folks can be of more help. You never know when the guy around the block is a member here. Makes it easier to find help or some one to go riding with. I mean the city you live in, not the state, you already have that.

#14 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
I think J&M is the only headset company that makes headsets that work with the Honda systems. No where can I find a reference to a Chatterbox set that's compatible.
There are plenty of other makes that work with the Wing set up.

I use Starcom1 headsets, Autocom ones will work with an interface. Nolan do an interface for their N-com system.

#17 ·
#19 ·
imported post

Thanks everybody for the help I received.

We have our annual club rally starting tomorrow in Newport TN at the KOA and my buddy told me that we have two Goldwing riders there. I'll try the headset from one of the Goldwing riders to see if my intercom unit work and then I can decide if I'm going to spend the money on a new pair of headsets. If anybody is in the are, come by and join us, we have great food in our kitchen and beautiful roads in our are.

#20 ·
imported post

I had my intercom system checked today and it is the helmet headset. I asked an other Goldwing rider to plug his helmets in my outlet and it worked fine.
Thanks everybody for the help.

#21 ·
imported post

Good you find the problem. The headsets are the cheapest part of the system to replace, also the easiest in terms of taking anything apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.