Some more how-to articles - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I've compiled the pictures I took while doing work on my bike last weekend. I've got three more to write, perhaps tonight if I get some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Read my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM

Post imported post

i am sure that this will help some of the members here who would like to get into maintaining their bike but maybe not quite sure what to do. There are so many people that give thier time to help others on here, its part of what makes this website so good, well done.

Derek and Maggie

GL1800 2004 US spec White.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 05:01 PM
JBz

Post imported post

Good right up. One thing i prefer to do I might add iswhen removing the bearing retainer is to use a real small drill bit 1/8 3/16 or so and drill the factory stake punchs out not much just a little and that makes the retainer come offf easier. JB

2003 yamaha vstar 1100 classic 2004 honda rebel 250 {2}1983 aspencades + 83 Interstate 82 Aspencade <2>77 gl 1000 1981 Interstate <2> 75gl1000s 76 Gl1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

That's a good idea. Mine hadn't been punched very deep, and it came off fairly easily.

Read my
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM

Post imported post

Thanks for sharing your talent and experience. I know I will be able to use some of these articles for my 1200.

Kevin
85 GL1200-I
USMC, (Retired)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

That's one thing that has me wondering a bit about the layout I've got - although what I'm doing is obviously for the 1100 because that's what I have, a lot of it is applicable to other bikes as well - but it doesn't show up that way now.

Read my
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 07:13 PM

Model: GL1500SE
Send a message via AIM to doubleu Send a message via MSN to doubleu
Does anyone know how I can get a 4way switch.
I've tried all the sprays. Didn't work. I just need a switch so I can soldier it into my current system.
Link, price or advise is welcomed.
Thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 07:47 PM

Model: 1986 GL1200I
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
Does anyone know how I can get a 4way switch.
I've tried all the sprays. Didn't work. I just need a switch so I can soldier it into my current system.
Link, price or advise is welcomed.
Thanks
What's a 4way switch? Do I have one? If you are trying to clean the innards of a switch by spraying the outside, the odds are against you. disassemble, spray, scrub, clean, reassemble, test.

Bringing up old threads and adding unrelated info or questions is ........many things to many people, not good things.

Scott

Send lawyers, guns and money

"I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread" Bilbo Baggins

1986 GL 1200 Interstate, Poorboy Conversion,Pinstriped by Charlie Buzzard
1975 GL 1000, Fermenting
Plus, 2 garages and one shed full
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page