Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intercom System.

764 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tired Rider 
#1 ·
imported post

Just a quick question about intercom systems. Which aftermarket systems will work for comm with the passenger and also bike to bike? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray...

#4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the help. I guess it will take a little looking around. My Aspy already works great, a friend of mine was looking for something for his 82 1100 that has no electronics at all. The star com sounds good, is the qualtity as good as they say??? Thanks again, Ray...

#5 ·
imported post

I have Chatterbox FRS x2 units. My wife and I use them when out on our respective bikes together. We have talked to each other when we were 1/2 mile apart. We can also use them on the Wing when 2up.

#6 ·
imported post

Tired Rider wrote:
Thanks for the help. I guess it will take a little looking around. My Aspy already works great, a friend of mine was looking for something for his 82 1100 that has no electronics at all. The star com sounds good, is the qualtity as good as they say??? Thanks again, Ray...

Yes, the helmet speakers are awesome. And, even though they are located in th UK, we have found them to be very responsive. We had an issue with the CB on 1800s and they built us a new cable & shipped it in a day (!) They then redesigned & came out with a GW specific unit for the 1800.

As a stand alone unit, it would fit your requirements very well. They also have a wireless system imminent, and that works bike to bike for short distances, but the other bike needs to have the same system, of course..

Bike to bike reqires a matching system on the other bike. FRS is probably best, but CB is still pretty popular due to a huge installed base, even though it is about as technologically advanced as a buggy whip. So the next question is what does the other bike that you want to communicate with have for installed comm gear?

#7 ·
imported post

I have the Cardo Teamset. It doesnt have bike to bike, but does connect bluetooth to my cell, and uses bluetooth to connect to each other. My B-I-L has the same setup. I can just "voice-activated" call his cell phone, and we can talk whenever/wherever there is a cell tower. Dont have to worry about range :D. The 2-up communication between my wife and I is good. The volume increases as more wind flows over the mic. VERY little wind noise. Good luck on your search...

#8 ·
imported post

Thanks again for all the input. I believe CB would be good bike to bike as that would leave some privacy for the individual bikes with a simple push to talk. There are a lot of options out there so I guess it comes down to "How much does one want to spend". You guys are great, thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.