Air Deflectors - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I'm thinkin' about getting a set of air deflectors for the 15hun and kinda like the Baker Built units. Are they the best for what they do for you? Do they mount on the bottom holes where the fairing side storage flaps snap on? Just wondering if they are worth $160. I have the silver paint job and I think the clear model would look best on the bike. Thanks for the feedback, and yes I do believe I will get another set of E-3's for the old girl afterall! Ride On.....

1998 Honda GL1500 SE
1986 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE
1980 Yamaha 1100 Spec
1980 Yamaha 650 Spec
1973 Yamaha DT-3 250
1970 Suzuki TC-90
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

I've got the Bakers for the hand wings and the main ones are Show Chrome. I like the combination.

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:46 PM

Model: 1982 GL1100I (Sold); 2012 GL1800 VII
Post imported post

I have the Bakers on the 1800, I don't know if they are work $160 but they do the job of controlling air rush on both the rider and passenger. Clear or Smoke would look good on your silver.

Jack
2012 GL1800A
2004 GL1800A Sold
1982 GL1100I Sold
1975 GL1000 Sold
1974 CB450 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM

Model: '99 Gold Wing SE
Post imported post

The Baker Air Wings are the best quality built ones for the GL1500. They have a more "solid sturdy mounting" system than other brands.

While the clean would look good, I have the "smoke colored" ones on my Pearl/Silver Dark/Silver SE and they look real good.

They do mount at the bottom where the "deflector cap" is located. See page 13-12 in the Honda service manual.

I believe the "quality and fitment" is definitely worth the money. At least in my case.

DB
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

There was an old guy from Florida at Wings Over the Smokies that makes his own air wings and sells them at all the rally's. His are a thicker material than the Baker's, mounting hardware is stouter and stainless steel. Oh, and the best thing, they're way cheaper than the Bakers.

He doesn't have a website I'm sorry to say but just watch for him at any rally that caters to Goldwings. He'll even include installation on your bike in the price.

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

-----------------------------------
Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
-----------------------------------
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks for the comeback on my deflector post. I just ordered a set of Baker wings with upper's. If I want at a later date I will order the lower add on wings too. I think they will give my rider much more wind protection on her legs on cooler rides. Ride On.............

1998 Honda GL1500 SE
1986 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE
1980 Yamaha 1100 Spec
1980 Yamaha 650 Spec
1973 Yamaha DT-3 250
1970 Suzuki TC-90
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Model: '99 Gold Wing SE
Post imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Quote:
There was an old guy from Florida at Wings Over the Smokies that makes his own air wings and sells them at all the rally's. His are a thicker material than the Baker's, mounting hardware is stouter and stainless steel. Oh, and the best thing, they're way cheaper than the Bakers.

He doesn't have a website I'm sorry to say but just watch for him at any rally that caters to Goldwings. He'll even include installation on your bike in the price.
I saw this guy at the Florida District Rally in Kissimmee, FL in March 2009. I looked at his Wind Wings and did a comparison to my Baker ones. The plastic was thicker and I didn't think they looked near as good as the Baker ones. I prefer the Baker Built ones. Installation is no big deal, a screwdriver and 10 minutes. But mine were installed in the price at a Rally.

Wingboomer, You will be happy with the Baker Wings, they do a good job of deflecting the wind. I have the center and upper parts on mine.

DB
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 PM

Post imported post

I have the Baker windwings and love them. My wife had chaps and since installing the windwings never has to use them. I also have the wings that mount under the mirrors for your hands and under the heads to keep your feet dry and wind free when it rains. They really work well too. You won't be disappointed with Baker's quality.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page