zumo 550 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

thanks everone I got it all installed with the ram mount I just wanted be careful you understand the bike is my baby , all I need to do now is get the gps sound to work when the radio is on its either radio sound I get or gps sound when its on AUX Only but I cant get both to work I,ll see a dealer tomorrow ? thanks all Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 PM

Post imported post

If you want you audio from your GPS to also be heard on your headset or through your speakers while listening to the radio I think you will need to adapt it to your intercom. I have never seen a cable to do this but I made my own. I took an intercom cable and put a 3.5 mm stereo plug on the end of it and wired it into the the mic input wires.

You need a Y cable so you can connect your intercom cable from your helmet and the adapter cable. This allows the GPS (or in my case it was a CB) to come through the intercom like thee passenger is talking.

here is a Y cable http://www.airrider.com/product-p/03-04-23.htm

03 Honda XR650L
84 GL1200 Aspencade

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

that sounds really great to me BUT I dont follow how or what your meaning I am not a brainer like you sound Like you are ? if you can make a connection and tell me how it works or how to plug it in I,ll just buy it from you on pay pal or send you a check ? thanks Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 PM

Post imported post

Richm, just saw your other threard https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...951020#p951020

3rdwing had the answer for you with a link to where to purchase a cable to wire in your GPS. Probably a better option then what I have set up. I didn't have that option on the 1200

03 Honda XR650L
84 GL1200 Aspencade

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:48 PM

Post imported post

Something similar to this is what I was talking about. Whether from here or Kennedy or others, you will need this type of cable set up to allow all functions of the bike and the GPS to work as intended.

You will also need an adapter for the Garmin to plug in the cable.

J&M GL1800 Accessory Phone/GPS/Radar Intergration SUPER SALE - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories

This is Not..........Not the one you need, they most likey have it but you would have to call them , Kennedy for sure has it, but you will need a cable set to get it all to work.

Sorry, that is what I meant by sneak up on you with the price.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page