"Rockin The Wing"Center Stand, "What Works For Me" - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

A good friend of my son's come up today with him.

He owns a GL 1500 and was telling me how to get the bike on the center stand. Maybe mine only, I didn't even know whathis bikewas now.

I have been told on this form how to put the bike on the stand before, and they were correct; but I missed the "ROCKIN" part.

He showed me exactly as I was previouslyinformed on this site as how to hold the bike and whateverl.

But on my first attempt after he showed what I call the "Rocking Procedure".

Up She Came.

What this amounts to;after getting the proper hold and the correct down pressure with the foot.

Apply increasing amount of downforce on the foot as well as up and back force with the hands; about the third attempt ,"Rocking". Ya Got It.

Thanks, Hope That This Might Some One.

This 71 Year Old Fart Just May Be Trainable; I'll let ya know later when I try it again.

Tom

Have Now: "Li\'l Ugly" 81 GL1100 with Vetter Pkg, 98 FLSTC Sinister Blue Pearl Heritage Classic, 82 XV500 Virago, 72 Kawasaki 3cyl 2cycle 500,86Honda 150 Elite. Had XV750 Virago: 66 Ducati 250 Scrambler,(Only new bike, never should have sold it).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aladinbama
Post imported post

I had a friend that always put his "scooter" on the sidestand, said it was too tough to get it on the center. I read somewhere of "how" and never really had an issue. My Burgman goes right up - no problems. Then I bought the Goldwing. It worked, but with much more effort. After a little practice, it's as easy as the Burgman used to be (guys with Harleys jaws drop when I just roll it on the center). Now (of course) the Burgman is a joke to put up.

All this brings me back to the guy with his "scooter". After being shown, he still puts it on the sidestand, still says it's too tough.

I hope I have as much spunk left when I'm 71. Go impress some young Harley riders! Tom

My main STead now is a Honda ST1100.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page