1982 1100 Accelertor pump leaking what is an easy fix? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I have noticed that gas is dripping by the gas line than enters the carb from fuel pump(leaking at the carb)... when I decelerate at an idle. I can see it leaking on the opposite side of fuel line (I thought this would be an easy fix "just tighten hose clamp at the carb nipple" didn't help). It doesn't leak when I rev the throttle just when I back it off. So do I need to take the carbs off and then get an accelerator pump rebuild kit, o-ring or what? Will I have to re-sync carbs?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 PM

Post imported post

You may want to go ahead and take it apart. If it was running properly before this happened, it may not need a Randakk rebuild, just certain rings that are letting it leak. Can't hurt to go ahead and change everything out though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Your post is slightly confusing, is it leaking at the accelerator pump or at the fuel inlet? If the pump is leaking you can get an accelerator pump kit separately, remove the carbs, turn them upside down and change it. If it is leaking at the fuel inlet there are 2 o-rings on the nipple where it goes into the carb body. The screw that holds the nipple in also holds the accelerator pump linkage so it's a bit tricky.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Sorry about the confusing post...gas is dripping right where fuel line enters carb, so I thought the gas line hose clamp needed tightened and that didn't fix it. Someone told me its probably the acc. pump?
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page