key fob from an A4 can it be reprogrammed to work on an A6 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to bigredarmchair
Post imported post

hi , i have just bought a A6 and have a keyfob from my earlier A4 , on the new fob there is a red call button but other than that it looks the same . as i have only one keyfob fot the A6 can the old one be reprogrammed to work on the new bike without knackering up the new key fob from working . acccording to honda it can't , you have to buy a new one and have it rprogrammed , but i am thinking if it can be programmed it can be repreogrammed . does anyone know how its done , without making the new fob useless , or do i need to reprogramme both together .

i have had goldwings for about 15 years , love them to bits , don't do alot of miles but get alot of smiles and have a yearly holiday on it and it's really good to get off with out num bum syndrome . thanks -ant help or advise much apprciated --chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM
The Irish Crew

Model: GL1100 Interstate
Post imported post

As far as I know the programming sequence is the same for all GL1800 remotes and they can all be programmed for any model of GL1800.

Alan Fitzpatrick.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 09:53 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

I know that here in the States, you must take any car, truck, motorcycle to the key shop before they will even consider reprogramming a key or making a new key.....There it might be different, but I feel that the keys shops there might also be of the same mind....Bring in a programable key wanting a duplicate or reprogramming an old key, they figure you mightr be wanting to steal or repossess someones car etc....So just ride your Wing there and see.....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

hi alan ,

thanks for your reply -i have read about the switch on and off sequence to programme a key so if i do that to the old fob to reprogramme it , am i right in assuming the new one will still be fine and not need to be reprogrammed---and as it works now i just need to reprogramme the old one and then both should work . what i dont want to do is go through the on / off sequence and cancel the new key , so just trying to get the facts before i try it .

thanks again

chris
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

hi , it is only the central locking fob not a key fob for ignition , sorry if i confused anyone , it just releases and lcks the boxes , the ignition key will do it manually .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

hi alan , i think i have put key fob when in fact it is a fob only for the central locking , the key can be used to manually unlock/ lock them but its this fob not a keyfob for the ignition --thanks chris
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Senior Guru

Model: GL1800, GL1500, GL1200
Post imported post

Welcome to the forum bigredarmchair.

The key fob/remote is the same for all GL1800s, that is it can be programmed to work/open the trunk etc. on any GL1800.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

thank you very much i shall have a go at programming the old one to the new bike --thanks alot again --chris
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page