Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help on trikes

800 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jimsjinx 
#1 ·
imported post

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've had a GL1000, GL1100, and now have a 87 Aspencade that I love. Lately i've been looking for maybe a 1500 and today I came across a 93 Interstate trike with 63K miles.It's very clean and has a voyguermod.I plan to go check it out tomorrow. Any help on checking anything in particular with trikes as I have no clue on what to look for on trikes. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
imported post

The Voyager isn't a real trike conversion but converts the bike to a quadricycle. They seem to work pretty well. I think Fysty (Angela) has one. There really isn't much to check on the bike since it's a bolt on modification that can easily be taken off. I'd look at the mounting of the kit to make sure it's solid and no broken parts around the attachment area. Of course checking the exra wheels and tires for tread wear and bearing play wouldn't be a bad idea either. The Voyager really is a hard mounted trailer if you want to look at it that way so it's not really all that much of a mod to the bike itself.

The most important thing you'd need to check out would be how the bike handles. Is the kit mounted true to the bike and the wheels in alignment? The feel of the bike going down the road hands off for tracking and looking for unusual wear on the bike's rear tire as well as the Voyager tires should about do it.

#3 ·
imported post

As Paul said the Voyager conversion is not a real trike conversion although it should have basicly the same handling as a trike. And Angela does indeed have the Voyager kit on her bike!! Here's a pic that she was good enough to give me to use in a calender I put together! Good looking bike I think!!:coollep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.