Gear Ratio difference 81-82 - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1982 GL1100 Standard
Post imported post

BobbySp, I agree 85 or higher the bikes do get to be a handful past that. Honda did a wonderful job of designing a fairing with "lift". I changing my bike back to the standard it was when it rolled off the showroom floor in 82. Than I'm just going to put a simple windscreen on it. As for Lil Pete, enlighten us with what those other problems may be. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
Post imported post

With what you describe; high gas mileage, and low power I would suspect a vacuum leak somewhere. which is creating a substantially lean mixture. I bet if you pay attention you'll notice your fan kicking in a lot.

I would check things like; the clamps on the intake boots make sure they are tight, check the vacuum line for the timing advance make sure one end or the other hasn't come off or that the line has dried out and split. There is a screw in the base of each intake runner make sure they are all there and tight. Make sure the crank case breather tube is secure on both ends. If you don't find anything there then it's time to maybe pull the intakes runners and inspect/replace the o-rings in the bases. Inspect the plenum seals maybe.

But I'm pretty sure yer getting extra air in the system somewhere.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
Post imported post

With what you describe; high gas mileage, and low power I would suspect a vacuum leak somewhere. which is creating a substantially lean mixture. I bet if you pay attention you'll notice your fan kicking in a lot.

I would check things like; the clamps on the intake boots make sure they are tight, check the vacuum line for the timing advance make sure one end or the other hasn't come off or that the line has dried out and split. There is a screw in the base of each intake runner make sure they are all there and tight. Make sure the crank case breather tube is secure on both ends. If you don't find anything there then it's time to maybe pull the intakes runners and inspect/replace the o-rings in the bases. Inspect the plenum seals maybe.

But I'm pretty sure yer getting extra air in the system somewhere.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page