Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1800 Whats in my bike

755 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GLester 
#1 ·
imported post

How can I tell if my bike has the CB and intercom system installed , without tearing the bike apart? Is there a site that I can add the VIN number and see all of my bikes specs?
Thanks,
Mike

2006 GL 1800

#2 ·
imported post

Welcome to the forum Mike
I don't know of a site like that.
You are asking on the 2006,?

As for the cb, do you have the controls on the handle bars for the cb & the cb Antenna?
You can find the cb in the trunk under the center screw down cover on the trunk floor. That is the best way to know if the po left it in there.

#3 ·
imported post

I bought my 2001 8 months ago and wondered the same thing ...not so much what the bike came with when it was new but what has been removed ... like cb ...it did have one as it had cb areail and switches...I think all 1800 goldwings have an Intercom system ,,I was thinking about getting a brake flasher for my bike till one day I looked in the mirror and saw it flashing for a brief period..felt kind of dumb on that one

#5 ·
imported post

Thanks, My bike has one antenna only, Mine has all the switches , but I didn't know if it actually had the cb installed. So , what your saying is that the intercom is installed on the bike ? All I need is the equipment to plug into the bike?
Thanks so much, This is my first Goldwing, sure wish I had got one years ago, What a wonderful ride it is !
Been riding for 40 years.
Mike

#6 ·
imported post

If you look in your trunk, in the bottom is a lid that if you look under it, it will either be empty, if no cb or cd player, or if the bottom has a small black box with a cable going through the trunk, that would be the cb, and if it has a cd player in that cubby, it would be obivous. The 1800 is set up to use both, but they are expensive options.:smiler:

Gene:action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.