1995 goldwing 1500 exhaust mods - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1995 aspencade se
1995 goldwing 1500 exhaust mods

I am going to cut, undo spot welds modify and reassemble my exhaust for better sound. I am going to document and post my procedure, success or failure. I do know one thing is that my exhaust will be black, not chrome when finished. Eventually my bike will be entirely black on white with no or minimal chrome. If you want chrome exhaust, this mod will probably not work for you. I am 90% sure this will be a successful mod, but I also have a bridgeport and a tig welder at my disposal. It will probably be a couple weeks before I get the post in.

Last edited by mike from maine; 05-08-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: put the qoute in the wron post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 09:01 AM

Year: 1996
Make: Goldwing SE
Model: 1996 GL1500SE
Garage
So are you trying to make your Goldwing sound like a Harley. I love my quiet ride its another reason I like the Car tire it made the bike even quieter.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

Always look for the door "C" it may be hidden but there is always one there...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
that earns you a 5 Star reward and a Forum Index Bookmark.

Please do report back with your work.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

"So are you trying to make your Goldwing sound like a Harley. I love my quiet ride its another reason I like the Car tire it made the bike even quieter. "
Why is it every time someone wants the make their Goldwing sound different, someone like you always has to go with the Harley comparison?? .IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! I had a Harley and don't want it to or expect it to sound like a Harley. I do want it to sound like a motorcycle. One that I like the sound of. If you are happy with the sound of your bike and have no intention of changing it, that is awesome. You are not alone. I would appreciate if you have no constructive input or comprehension of what others may want, stay out of it.

Last edited by mike from maine; 05-08-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: put in the wrong quote
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Banned

Year: 94
Model: 1500 SE
are you thinking to reconfigure the baffles in the center muffler? custom make some new baffles for the pipes
or install rear pipes donated from a H-D = more flow, different sound, while still reasonable volume
Those are dirt cheap on CL, many brand new Harleys leave with the store with different exhaust, or get one soon after!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

I created a new post showing what I did. Pretty simple, but haven't tested yet
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 10:20 PM

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Install cutouts, flip a switch to go from full exhaust to open side pipes.
I suggest that cause that is what i might do if i had the same idea.
I just bought an 86 Yamaha Venture Royale, guy had straight pipes on the 4 cyl v4 engine, i said put the stock pipes back on or no sale. I hate loud pipes.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado6x6 View Post

I hate loud pipes.

You and me both, if I can hear it, it is too loud.

~ John

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 05:50 AM

Year: many years, two different continents.
Model: 2035 GL3500 Intercontinental
Garage
Todays cars have sound canceling sound systems, my Equinox has it, better sound insulation, better speakers, plus most drivers are zoned out on a cell phone or something as well, you can fly a jet over them before they know whats happening, loud bikers just get tuned out, dismissed.

I advocate visual clues like red and blue reflective tape, led lights on the sides and angles because being a bike in a lane we are not aligned always the same as a car, since most cars are using hid, led headlights just the smallest amount of reflective tape will glow, even in broad daylight, much like school busses and emergency equipment, i actually have black and blue tape on my bikes, the black matches the frame on my Vmax, it does actually glow under light.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 AM

Model: 88 gl1500
I would like my 1500 sound a little louder. Saw a 1500 a couple months ago. had aftermarket mufflers. It sounded good. He had no idea what brand they were. No markings I could tell on them.
I know they were smaller diameter than stock. Not turbo tubes. BUT was not too loud. I guess the difference would be stock muffler on car upgraded with turbo mufflers installed. Not glasspacks.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page