This post marks a bitter sweet milestone I ran out of parts!!
I seem to be done. I guess I should change the name of the thread. I started in June 3, 2016 and put the last part on Nov 11, 2016. That is 161 days. That didn't take me that long. I was in a lucky position in my life that I could spend a little time every day.
I touched every bolt, nut, screw. Painted every part that should have been painted, cleaned and polished everything else. Spent lots of time putting the wiring harness back together. Replaced any missing or incorrect parts. I was pretty lucky, the bike was pretty complete and there were very few items that I couldn't refurbish and reuse.
I still have to paint the "Tins". I will either have someone do them over the winter or do them myself in the spring.
I also still have to start it and chase out the gremlins. I will start it during the thanksgiving break when my sons come home. I will record that and I promise to put it on the thread no matter what happens. IF I can get it out of my workshop. You may have noticed that I built it in my workshop. It has to go through two doors to get outside. My measurements say it should fit, I hope so, or I just built a motorcycle in a bottle.
If the weather holds, I will also do a few quick shakedown rides. I wish I timed this a little better so I could take the time to chase the gremlins out. At this point I will probably have to wait for spring to really put some seat time on the bike.
I have kept track of all the parts that I have bought. I will see if I can put them in a post so that people know what to expect if anyone wants to try this.