Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 11:13 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyem View Post
The 1/4 bolts work in the shifter arms right Do they fit in them jionts from amazon
Yes, I got bolts with a long enough unthreaded shank to go almost all the way through then cut off the excess.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2002
Make: honda
Model: gl1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
Yes, I got bolts with a long enough unthreaded shank to go almost all the way through then cut off the excess.
So I would be looking at the cut off just inside the heim joint just about flush and the threads out the other end I know dumb question
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:15 PM
mod-erator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyem View Post
So I would be looking at the cut off just inside the heim joint just about flush and the threads out the other end I know dumb question
I hope you understand me better than I understand you. The bolt is going to go through the heim joint, through the spacer, through the shift arm and into the nut. The threads need to be far enough inside the shift arm that the nut has a little more than enough thread to tighten down on but the smooth part of the bolt goes through most of the parts.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2002
Make: honda
Model: gl1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
I hope you understand me better than I understand you. The bolt is going to go through the heim joint, through the spacer, through the shift arm and into the nut. The threads need to be far enough inside the shift arm that the nut has a little more than enough thread to tighten down on but the smooth part of the bolt goes through most of the parts.
I do under stand ya
I took the left cowl off and looked at the shifter it makes sense now

Last edited by garyem; 09-27-2017 at 09:36 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:15 PM
mod-erator

Garage
Another tip, or 2, the DHS guy says grind the button off the end of the old pin to drive it out. I disagree, cut it off on the side with the heim joint and drive it out the other way. Set the button over a socket it will fit in and use a punch & hammer. Also before you take the shifter off measure to somewhere fixed so you can adjust it to the same height, or a little higher or lower if you prefer.

2010 1800 pearl yellow

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page