Since the "toothpaste" method was NOT roadworthy IMHO, I decided to use the 3M kit on that half first to see if it improved the appearance. I did NOT improve the other side in any way. The results were definately "roadworthy" on the side with the toothpaste method but it is not close enough to the "new" windshield for me to change em out. This older windshield will serve as a very decent "back-up" if something happens to my current windshield. It was nice to know that the original could be saved and is still worth keeping.
I have absolutely NO IDEA why or how pics 2 and 3 got uploaded upside-down, , , sorry I'm not sure how to "fix" that.
First picture is the original condition the day I removed it from the bike.
The second picture is half the windshield done with the toothpaste method, (not roadworthy BUT, VERY much improved)
The third picture is the 3M method done on the toothpaste method side, (Roadworthy BUT, not enough to motivate me to change from my current windshield)
I used half of the "supplies" that came with the "kit" to do half the windshield so I should be able to complete the project on the other half of the windshield.
All-In-All, , this experiment gave decent results but only 1 thumbs up, , , (not two). Maybe I was expecting too much from a 27 yr old hunk of Lexan/polycarbonate.