Going Naked - get your mind out of the gutter. - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Model: 1984 GL1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Cote View Post
I think that box needs to come off and all the connectors go inside the headlight bucket. Can't see the shelter well enough but if it looks like a normal tank you should be okay. Usually the installer of an aftermarket fairing would just cutoff the headlight mounting ears rather than pull the forks. Looks like you don't have them, cut or otherwise. You may want to buy some universal clamp on ones or pull the forks for factory mounts. Will need blinker mounts also.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm pulling the forks anyway so I can put new seals in.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 04:43 PM

So long as the forks are off, as if you wanted more things to do, it would be easy to replace timing belts. Just sayin'

DARKSIDE #1500

2015 Goldwing - basic black

Previously: GL1200 Standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500, Valkyrie, Valkyrie Interstate many other Hondas

Ham Extra Class AC1R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Model: 1984 GL1200
Quote:
So long as the forks are off, as if you wanted more things to do, it would be easy to replace timing belts. Just sayin'
I don't trust myself that much. I've got a local shop that will be doing that when it's at that point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 09:34 AM

Model: Slightly less than before.
Quote:
He's right Tom. It ain't rocket science. Just take pictures as you disassemble it.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Rayjoe

I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking about making a few more.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page