Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Goldwing Technical Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-goldwing-technical-forum/)
-   -   GL1500 Time Keeps Changing - Any Advice Please?? (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-goldwing-technical-forum/665941-gl1500-time-keeps-changing-any-advice-please.html)

chris301up 12-28-2018 12:46 PM

GL1500 Time Keeps Changing - Any Advice Please??

Right. You may have seen from another post of mine that I have recently changed the LCD screen on my GL1500 for a new one supplied by Tanin Autoelectronix. Initially I had an issue with this and the 'bulb test' sequence not working but discovered that there was a fault with the suspension increase / decrease switch, which I have now disconnected for the time being.

Everything seemed to be working as it should so I reassembled the dash back into the bike. I have now discovered, to my extreme annoyance, that the time keeps changing unexpectedly. Not a major problem but something I just didn't expect.

Any ideas anyone?
:frown2::frown2:

Erdeniz Umman 12-28-2018 02:10 PM

Probably there is a loose, corroded or bad cantact/wire somewhere on the circuit.
And that might be the previous problem as well.

redwing52 12-28-2018 05:41 PM

DriverRider 12-28-2018 06:04 PM

Are your motorcycles purchased with known electrical problems or do they appear after ownership?:?

OldSchool_IsCool 12-28-2018 06:26 PM

Einstein will tell you that time will slow down as you approach the speed of light. Maybe keep it to the speed limit for a while. :cheesygrin:

glhonda 12-28-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool_IsCool (Post 5811957)
Einstein will tell you that time will slow down as you approach the speed of light. Maybe keep it to the speed limit for a while. :cheesygrin:

Einstein will not tell you anything. He's dead. However, if you head over to Mozart's grave, you may hear him decomposing........

DBohrer 12-28-2018 09:39 PM

Deleted...

DBohrer 12-28-2018 10:00 PM

Deleted...

chris301up 12-29-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriverRider (Post 5811955)
Are your motorcycles purchased with known electrical problems or do they appear after ownership?:?

Don't really understand why you asked this question, but I can tell you that I didn't know about the issue with the clock has I couldn't read the LCD screen prior to it's replacement.

:surprise::surprise:

chris301up 12-29-2018 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBohrer (Post 5811989)
Chris, Check the # 13 Backup "5-amp" fuse in the relay box. It controls memory power for the clock, radio presets and CB channel's when the ignition is OFF. That fuse has power even when the ignition switch is turned OFF......! If that fuse (or its contacts) are bad the clock will not maintain correct time when the ignition is turned OFF.

DBohrer. I did check this the other day, when I had the initial issue with a blank LCD screen, and intend to test it again today, if the weather will allow? Other than that, I was going to dismantle the whole thing again and clean the LCD contacts as detailed in the other post. Very annoying after reassembly, but I have to no other option if the backup fuse is okay :praying: