Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Locks and rear speakers not working

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DaveO430 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to the posts on this forum I've solved the problems thank you. I had taken my 2010 wing in for a brake recall and asked them to check out the trunk locks not working and rear speakers not working. I told them if it was going to expensive not to do anything. Went to pick my bike up they told me it would cost any were between $800-$1200 to fix:surprise:. Need to replace the lock actuators and (or) the module, radio and (or) the amp:shock:. I found it odd they all quit working all about the same time. Was not happy with the dealer ship. Got home started my research found 6 broken wires at the trunk hinges.All is good:grin3:, wife will be happy she will have music again, Happy wife happy life.

#2 ·
We have found a couple of GL1800's with broken wires at the hinge area. Its the first place to look when the remote trunk lock quits working (and the fob is good).

Hopefully you "rerouted" the wires to prevent the "sharp bend" that breaks the wires (as we did).

#5 ·
Yeah notify the shop and charge them $1200 for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.