Regarding low fuel light I think it may glow all the time as you mention because of led light. But I did mount analog gauges for fuel and temp from BMW and all works properly, so may not need worning light. But will try with resistor anyway.
My work is in a progress, many issues pop up during such work and that slowes down all. Will install side covers, just looking for some for reasonable price. (I stuck with work progress because of money shortage). Now Im riding and checking what can be done more. Next steps:
- changing handlebar for smallest with risers, that will cose to change all switches and pumps,
- brake lines from ss and change that right lever will brake two front discs and foot brake only rear disc
- definitely must change rear shock absorbers for some smooth not to "hurt my spine" like I do now. I was thinking about making central shock (from BMW K1200RS) but that will not fits because of fuel tank. To many costly changes...for now.
- will be nice to have front pipes from ss but another costly thing, I did mounted already exhaust collector from ss which cosed louder exhaust but in fact could be more loud.
- looking for idea how to change intake with air filter, mean like high flow washable filter. It is just idea to change all air box. But for now no concept.
Hardcore concept is to remove fuell tank.......and replace with something smaller....but...