Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

'91 1500 SE - Fuel system.....

4K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  DBohrer 
#1 ·
So, spring time & I want to fire up & check it all over. Ran fantastic last fall. Treated the fuel with sea foam & shut it down. This week I put the key in, checked oil & Tried to fire it up. Kinda cold, full choke & cranks over fast, no offers to fire. No smell of raw fuel, nothing. Checked the stop switch so I wont look silly. All good, no start. I pulled the fuel filter off & hung the hose from the fuel pump over the side of the bike. Key on, cranking, no fuel. Put a test wire to the fuel pump & it pumps very well.
This brings me into the world of relays I think. Book sais pull off the top bag & then remove right side bag because relay is near bottom & behind the bag. Got both bags loose but they will not come off & Im losin' my mind!!! Any help would be awesome!.

#36 ·
I had a very similar issue while on a trip to the Smokies last fall. Lost a day of riding, tore the bike down testing fuses/relays/fuel pump. Finally found a thread that suggested checking the wiring connection inside the Stop switch on the right handlebar. Took it apart tightened terminal screws and haven’t had a problem with that since. I highly suggest checking this before digging any deeper.

#37 ·
If you're still having a problem with Ignition, then here's some things I was tinkering with this weekend, that will dis-able it; leaving engine to turn over, but no spark:

-Red Connector, above right fan
-Brown Connector, above right fan
-#12 Fuse (in bottom right of RELAY box; feeds the #8 Relay)

-Relay#8 (in relay box, rt side above the #12 Fuse)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.