CB Interference from EC LED headlights - Page 4 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2009
Make: Honda
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
Well, guess I could always just pull the 15A fuse for the low beams and just ride with my modulator on the hi beams and my fog lights but I would still like to have that FRS solution... FM just offers so much more in the way of clarity and interference free operation...

I tried a cheap set of BT headsets and they didn't work that well... From what my Sena owning buddies tell me they are not ideal either in volume or clarity, so for the time being I'll stay with my old corded headsets and keep working on the FRS solution...

Actually, I don't even use the CB radio that much, but it's just the principal of the thing - it should work with the LED headlights... Frustrating at best!!!

Les (WA9QYK)

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:24 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800A
Garage
I've used the Sena SMH-10's for years with my wife, snowmobiling through dense woods and over and around corners and hills. They work amazingly far away from each other, and the sound is great.

'03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Year: 2009
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
Yeah, Ive heard that the SMH10's were the best... My friends are using Sena 20S and aren't that satisfied with them... My other issue is I'm pretty hard of hearing and I don't wear my aids on the bike as they amplify too much wind noise, so I need a BT headset that pumps out as much audio as possible...
tamathumper likes this.

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page