Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

86 SEI Fuel Petcock

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  EAGLECRY24 
#1 ·
Looking for a rebuild kit or something for a fuel petcock on a ‘86 GL1200 SEI see pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I’ll have to find my MM scale to measure it. It is shaped like an “X” unless you’re talking about the one with the 4 holes in it. I’ll have to, again, measure it.

#6 ·
There are no rebuild kits for the SE-i fuel shut off valve. I posted on your other thread what I did to resolve the same issue on my '85 LTD FI bike. The fuel shut off valve is significantly larger than those used on the carb models, or other years of bikes. I turned the 4 hole diaphragm over, reinstalled with a new sealing o-ring and all has been good for some 3 years now.

#9 ·
The fuel shut off valve is for doing work/maintenance on the fuel system - have to have some way to stem the flow of fuel when you work on the system. Other than this, leave it open and enjoy the ride.

#11 ·
Here is a good place for o-rings https://www.oringsandmore.com/metric-viton-fkm-orings/
If you get a cheap set of digital calipers it will be easy to measure the inside diameter of the valve knob & the thickness of the o-ring.
As for the 4 hole seal go to K&L. They have a few different sizes.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.