Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Jim's 81 GL1100 Water Pump

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  guitarzan 
#1 ·
The engine I bought for this bike was leaking coolant into the oil. I'm replacing the water pump before the engine goes back into the bike. I cannot seem to find the torque values in either the GL1100 or GL1200 Factory Shop Manuals. These are 6MM bolts going into aluminum. Everything else on the engine for a 6MM bolt is 7 Foot Pounds. These bolts have a crush washer under them. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
Reactions: AZgl1800
#3 ·
That is a pretty good chart. It says 6.6 ft pounds and Honda says 7 ft pounds. I found this thread on Goldwing Docs http://www.goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275. Down about 80 pics the author says torque 9 foot pounds. The unknown is the crush washer. My plan is to get the treads clean and dry and make sure everything fits up. THX

#6 ·
The 1200 FSM has a standard torque value chart on page 2-12. In the 1100 FSM torque values are shown on page 3-4. My copy of the 1100 FSM was printed in 1982 and does not show the '83 model.

Not to over think this, but I like the description on the GoldwingDocs website. They say 9 foot pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.