Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

MC Lift sale: opinions requested

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
Reactions: limpy45
#2 ·
I have had one for several years as have several others on this forum. It is not the fanciest, but it does the job. My 92 GL1500 weighed in at 1025 lbs on a grain elevator scale, they are checked quite often to make sure accuracy is up to par. I like it as it is a good lift for the bucks. If you want to buy one like in the shops, be ready to shell out at least $1000. for it. my 2 cents.

#5 ·
I bought a HF one and it is very handy
I dug a pit in the garage and placed the lift in the hole.
It is out of the way and I have a place to park the bike on.

They will fit underneath a truck for storage.
At first I did put on some side rails for my feet when putting the bike on the lift. But the lift was always in the way when not using.

If you do buy one--Ask for a bottle of jack oil for the lift or ask to see the level in the jack, before you buy. They sometimes come half empty.

They are nice to have.

#6 ·
I have one bought it early these year 2019. And I Love it I did some modifications to it. I added a better wheel chock to also from HF. I would suggest you do that to can load your bike on it but your self . The one it comes with is junk. You won't be disappointed that you did it. Right now I have outside plants on it lol. Oh I have a 1985 Aspencade. One other thinging I am going to do us make the ramp 2ft longer . Because my exhaust rubs going up. But I would buy it again . Worth ever penny and works great.

Attachments

#8 ·
If you get one, get the cheaper grey wheel chock, not the black one that is in the photos. That way you don't have the floor feet in the way. I just unbolt mine when not using it or working on the front wheel. I store mine on it's side against the garage wall. Like Trike Lady said, it is a great lift if you are only using it a few times a year. I use it to work on my snowmobiles also.

Attachments

#11 ·
You can take off that bar with the feet on them. I just have it on there because I prefer to strap it down to that bar holds it really good . But it does have it's draw backs. Just like everything has it's pros and cons . But over all it works great. I read the reviews on both of them and went with the black one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.