Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Long time rider, new member, upper WI

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
vmsguy

Model: 1984 Custom Aspencade
Garage
Long time rider, new member, upper WI

Hello to all...

I have finally decided to join this site, though I did peak in on occasion looking for information.

I live in upper Wisconsin, about an hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul. I was born/raised in southern Wisconsin, near Prairie du Chien (pretty country there-abouts).

My first exposure to Goldwings was when my older brother brought home a '77. Years later I also bought a very, very tired '77. But it was good for a start.

Now I ride 1200s. I have two. Both (from a legal perspective) are '84s. Both, I assembled from parts.

The blue one started out as an add on ebay; "Engine and some parts". It was in California, and decided on making the trip. It has an '84 engine and electronics. But I omitted the saddlebags and trunk and substituted a rear fender and lights from an '84 standard. She's my favorite. I call her 'Cali'.

The 'gold' one isn't really gold. This has an '84 frame, but otherwise is an '85. I decided to try the chamelion color shifting paint. (My brother shot the paint) I'm proud of her, she really turned out nice. The one touch that really sets her apart.. I had my brother also paint the fork sliders. I think this really makes the front look better.

Anyway... I do all the mechanical work on my machines. It's fun. As of this typing, I'm currently overhauling the carbs on Cali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image187a.jpg (76.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg image185.jpg (64.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg image189.jpg (41.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1920.jpg (224.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1921.jpg (220.5 KB, 6 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome