Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell About

• · Registered
    2000 GL1500SE
    1,389 Posts
    Your welcome.
    Actually there may be a lot of reasons causing the voltage drop on the ignition circuit. Loose or corroded contacts, weakened copper wire (they are loosing their diameter as they get older), dirty switches etc.
    With this modification you will not need to deal with the cause of the problem.
    Of course if you have time, skill and equipment to find and fix the problem it is always better.

· Registered
    10 Posts
    Thank you sir for your initial "reposting" of this problem/solution back in April of 2016. I've been searching GolwingOwners.com, GoldwingDocs.com as well as this forum GoldwingFacts.com for both the cause and possible cure for my problem since late April this year.

Though my mechanic won't be able to give your suggestion a try until the weekend, I am finally optimistic about the prospect of a solution to my problem of difficulty restarting my bike after a ride.

Thank you so much for renewing this thread. I only found out that just "bumping" the starter switch would start my bike anytime the bike was warm because of my misunderstanding of the term "bump starting" in another members post. :)

Were it not for your repost, I would still be looking for the cause.

Again, many thanks for your posts.

Bill
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…