Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, Oregon, USA
I have been thinking of doing a single carb conversion since two years ago, But the move to a New House set me back.
Note i have not tried any of these as this is my first Single carb. Conversion
I currently have 5 carbs. in my shop ready for a single carb conversion.
I have enough to play with, to get a single carb working.
1. Weber 32/32, DFT Progressive New carb. $90.00 ea good price point Availability is good.
2. Weber 24/25, 740 Progressive Newly Rebuilt. I paid $125.00+ shipping, availability is OK, but could be better. I have seen these listed for $80.00+ shipping that need a rebuild, to over $300. + shipping that have been rebuilt.
The two carbs above look Identical in every way, except venturi size.
3. Weber 38DGAS 38/38 Progressive this was going to be for a Single carb conversion for a GL1500 (stock OEM CV Carbs are two 33mm venturi carbs) The 38DGAS may be Over carb'ed, So maybe the 32 DFT may be the right choice for the GL1500 Single carb. Conversion
Below i have two of each carb as they were going to be a dual carb setup. But they could be good single carb too
4. Solex 34Pict3 single barrel Dual carb setup
5. Solex 30Pict1 Round bowl Single barrel Dual carb setup
1983 GL1100 72K 32DFT Single 2-bbl Progressive Carb, and Runs Excellent,
1984 GL1200A 55K Reverse Trike Project, Single 2bbl. Progressive carb
1986 GL1200 Interstate, Now Naked, She just turned 43K
1988 GL1500/6 Phantom Grey 2-bbl SCC Trike Mustang GT Rearend, Rear Disc Brakes, HD Mufflers
2005 Burgman 650 20K
07' M109R 1855 miles 130hp 120ft lb torque Reverse Trike 99' Miata front suspension
2013 Honda NC700X 4k, AVG 77.68mpg
2015 Valkyrie, 4K miles Hot rod, Excellent bike