Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nassir 7 Camping Atendees

12K views 95 replies 27 participants last post by  Halfling 
#1 ·
Just a simple poll of members that are going to be camping. Are your picking a tent site ($15.00) or an electric site ($30.00)?

I reserved an tent site for right now. If most members are going electric, then I'll change my reservations.

#3 ·
Just a simple poll of members that are going to be camping. Are your picking a tent site ($15.00) or an electric site ($30.00)?

I reserved an tent site for right now. If most members are going electric, then I'll change my reservations.
Not camping on this one Carl (i'm a wus). If it were me and I had a camper like yours, I'd get an electric site and have an AC stashed somewhere. Could be very warm that time of year. Just my 2 cents and you know how I worry bout ya.

#4 ·
Not camping on this one Carl (i'm a wus). If it were me and I had a camper like yours, I'd get an electric site and have an AC stashed somewhere. Could be very warm that time of year. Just my 2 cents and you know how I worry bout ya.
Not to worry Jack, There is still time to UN-WUS yourself:ROFL:. My camper has the AC flap in it already, But the nylon sides to the tent has an R rating of roughly neg 6.5 :lash:. In time I probably will switch.

#7 ·
Camping full hook up. Sorry, not riding the bike down. Driving the motorhome and bringing bike in trailer.

#12 ·
Here's what my FRIENDS use!

Hope this helps...

Hey!!!!!n I invented that and use it quite frequently. Thanks for the free advertising.:ROFL:

#13 · (Edited)
Drove down to the Campground this afternoon. It's a solid 2 miles from the Fontana Lodge. The road is paved with a few potholes (easy to avoid) and it is on the banks of the river at the base of the Fontana Dam. It is very flat and grassy with some trees, fire pits and picnic tables (some covered). Looks to me like we can put a lot more than 10 tents into the spots designated for camping with no water/electric. Looks like a good spot. No shuttle though unless we provide it ourselves (which we might be able to do). I've got pictures but it will have to wait until I get home to get them off my camera (forgot my cable).

#14 ·
Thanks John for ALL work you have & will put in to make this a Great Event:claps: :bow:.
As far as the campsites go,a few places I have camped at will allow multipal tents/campers on a site as long as everybody pays. So if we overload the campground, we might all still get a spot.

#15 ·
Here's a few pics of the campground area at the foot of the dam alongside the river.

#32 ·
Here's a few pics of the campground area at the foot of the dam alongside the river.
HEY! I know that place... that's just there where NC Highway 28 crosses the river below the high dam.

In 2011 I damned near met my maker there when a group of Harley riders going the other way, came careening down that road from the Village onto the bridge.

A couple of them were have trouble staying in their lane and nearly clipped me. (I'm mean within inches!)

One of them (a woman) was REALLY having a hard time holding it there and actually passed me on my right...:shock:

When I got to the gas station at the turn off to the village, I had to visit the bathroom and spot clean my shorts.

True story.. don't forget fellas... this place is a mecca for weekend riders. Be alert...

http://www.culleynet.com/2011/06/21/lake-cheoah-nc/

Looking forward to being back in NC this summer!

T
T

#17 ·
We will be camping in the tent without elec..But how many tents are they allowing on a site ??? And :wtf: Jack ???? No camping :lash::lash::lash::lash:

#40 ·
I just called and found they allow two tents per site. I will be in the electric site, but it sounds like they are close to the same areas?

#21 ·
Not only are we camping.... we are riding in.....all the way....from Washington State! It's called "motorcycle touring" not "motorcycle trailering!"

;);););););););););););)

I'll ride until I die, or until I can't....... And when I can't, I'll be glad for all the times I did ride.....

(edit: Kinda sounded like a pompous ass, huh? Sorry....I get carried away with myself every once in awhile (once in awhile?)! And I beg your forbearance!)

#26 ·
Not only are we camping.... we are riding in.....all the way....from Washington State! It's called "motorcycle touring" not "motorcycle trailering!"

;);););););););););););)

I'll ride until I die, or until I can't....... And when I can't, I'll be glad for all the times I did ride.....

(edit: Kinda sounded like a pompous ass, huh? Sorry....I get carried away with myself every once in awhile (once in awhile?)! And I beg your forbearance!)

Pompous ass?? No worries CJ, it's what we've come to expect from you...... :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Sorry... I couldn't resist!! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your Beloved Much Better Half!!!

#24 ·
Bringing the 4 wheeler, 2 of the wheels are on the camper, I need electrical for the apnia machine.

#33 ·
Well if i cut up thru the Dragon I'm only 110 miles away. But I may think about tent camping instead of the RV....

#34 ·
Any one from Michigan going besides me?

#38 ·
I just booked an electric site for myself. She said I have camp site #01. Could share if someone would like.

#39 ·
#42 ·
I believe all of the campsites at this location are now booked. There are still plenty of rooms available at the lodge and we are encouraging as many folks as possible to take a room to help support the cost of facilities. Thanks for the continued support!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.