Back home safe - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

Well, Dylan, Ciaran, Fabienne and myselfarrived backin Irelandabout nine hours ago. It's 3.25am here now and I can't sleep. I went to bed at around 11pm and slept for two hours and now I'm wide awake, probably jet-lagged or something. Fortunately Dylan is still asleep.
While I am online I would like once againto say thanks to everyone who travelled to Montrose and for makingour firstvisit to the USAa very happy and memorable one.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Just one of the guys

Model: '94 1500 SE with Tri-wing Trike kit
Garage
Post imported post

Thank you for coming and, once again, thank you for this wonderful site. It was pleasure to meet all of you.

Doug

Home Security System designed by Bill Ruger

'94 Bermuda Green Pearl SE With Tri-Wing Trike conversion

The more I try to keep my Trike clean, the less I like Chrome.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 PM

Post imported post

Glad to hear you all made it home safe and had a great time in the USA.

Just Sorry Tracy and I couldn't make it out there to meet you all.

Next year

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Nay Bothers, my friend.

Glad the bunch of you arrived back over the pondsafely. Although all too brief, it was an honour to meet you and Dylan. Hope you can make next years meet. and as Doug said, thanks ever so much for this web site, which gives us all not only a ton of information but alsoan opportunity to hold meets like the one we just had.It is great to put faces to names and to actually meet other enthusiasts.

Cheers, Ken ..... boy, that was a right proper suck up, EH!

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Glad you made it back Steve. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Hopefully your internal clock will get back on Irish time quickly so you can get some sleep. Glad you guys were able to make it to Montrose and hopefully we'll see you next year!

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Post imported post

Hi Steve,

Glad you had a good trip and hope to see you next year!!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Post imported post

Steve, Dylan, Wexy and Fabienne, thanks for the effort (and expense) of attending this meet, it was a pleasure to meet Steve and Dylan, and to see Wexy and Fabienne agian. I had a great time as I am sure everyone did. Hope we can have a repeat of the same next year.

Roger C.
St Joseph, Missouri
Where the Pony Express started and Jesse James ended.
1981 GL1100 Vetter dressed
2008 GL1800 Audio/Comfort/Navi

Spot Tracker:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

Truely a pleasure to shake the hand of the man who formed this great site. Like Dusty said,,,,,,, it was very breif, as so was the whole event in a way. But it's the memories that will last a lifetime.

Good to know yourallhome safe.

Now I have a question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, was there any of the "sqeezens" left to take back home with you??And if so,,,,,,,,,,, how did you get it through customs????

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Graphics Guru

Post imported post

sorry i haven't posted sooner but i had a lot of catching up to do at school after missing those 2 weeks and i have big exams next June. i even had to be nice to fat Adam in class because he is the brains and is good for helping me catch up on the stuff i miss out on or don't understand.

anyway i had a great time in America. i will remember it because it was a big trip and i seen places i never seen before (except on TV) and did things for the first time, and everyone was good to us. my dad had a good time too even though he is more of a background man and doesnt really like attention orfuss.Wilton and Cindy went out of their way to make us enjoy our time there and i won't forget them. all the other goldwingers were very nice too and we had a laugh at the auction. thanks Pet efor the loan of your goldwing and thanks John and Pete for the run up the mountains.

your accents were hard for me to understand at times but i suppose mine cant have been to easy for you to follow either.

in spite of dadswatchful gazei still managed to pull the wool over him and get hold of some micky finn and budweiser lime (i hid his reading glasses before we went into walmartsand told him they were all lemonade). i can come clean on that now because we always have a truce at the end of a holiday.

btw the micky finn was nice but i didnt like the bud lime and gave it to Ciaran and Fabienne.

well that is that for now. its after midnight now and i really have to go to bed...

Dylan Saunders.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Quote:
sorry i haven't posted sooner but i had a lot of catching up to do at school after missing those 2 weeks and i have big exams next June. i even had to be nice to fat Adam in class because he is the brains and is good for helping me catch up on the stuff i miss out on or don't understand.

anyway i had a great time in America. i will remember it because it was a big trip and i seen places i never seen before (except on TV) and did things for the first time, and everyone was good to us. my dad had a good time too even though he is more of a background man and doesnt really like attention orfuss.Wilton and Cindy went out of their way to make us enjoy our time there and i won't forget them. all the other goldwingers were very nice too and we had a laugh at the auction. thanks Pet efor the loan of your goldwing and thanks John and Pete for the run up the mountains.

your accents were hard for me to understand at times but i suppose mine cant have been to easy for you to follow either.

in spite of dadswatchful gazei still managed to pull the wool over him and get hold of some micky finn and budweiser lime (i hid his reading glasses before we went into walmartsand told him they were all lemonade). i can come clean on that now because we always have a truce at the end of a holiday.

btw the micky finn was nice but i didnt like the bud lime and gave it to Ciaran and Fabienne.

well that is that for now. its after midnight now and i really have to go to bed...

Maybe next year you'll make it over again. By then my sidecar should be good and broke in so my son can join us for the rally. He'll be 16 in December so you'll have some one to relate to.

I'm sorry we didn't make this year's rally as I had looked so forward to meeting you and your Dad. It was just too far, too much time and not enough funds for us.

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

-----------------------------------
Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
-----------------------------------
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page