post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

Hi all;

Well, as things happen in this old world, plans change.

My wife, Mardonna is not going to be able to make the trip.

Therefore, I am flying up to NASSIR 3 with my riding gear in a duffle bag. The White Knight is going to be jealous, but that can't be helped.

So, I am asking if anyone is going to NASSIR 3 that would like to share a room with me. That puts the nightly charge for a bed and shower down to about $30.00

I promise no Hanky Panky, I just not into that sort of thing

Hear Ye, hear ye, a room for half price is available.....

John

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 05:43 PM

Model: 1200 aspencade 1985
Post imported post

Sorry to hear that Mardonna isn't coming.Carol and I were looking forward to meeting her.Tell her that we are staying at the Red Roof also and we'll keep you in line.

Ron
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Will do Ron

I wish she could come, but it just is not in the cards for this year.

Maybe next year will be better.

~ John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 09:29 PM

Post imported post

Hey:

I will take you up on your offer if it still stands. I like hanky panky, but only with girls and I do not wear yeller thongs. .

I watched the thread while traveling the country, figured if I made it home safe, I would rest a bit and come to this one too.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

You are the first to inquire Kit, so you get the prize

See you at NASSIR 3

John

~ John

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

Hey Kit. glad to hear you're coming!! let me know your travel plans.

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

-----------------------------------
Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 04:08 PM

Post imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Quote:
Will be leaving the morning of the 11th, right at daybreak. Will not stop the first day until at least 500 miles are done. If I have time I may just take it on in.

I never have any plans, Just punch in an address and on a long run hit the big slab and let the bike roll.

Depends on the heat . How hot it is. I can run a 14/16 hour day, unless it is hot, then I surrender. Hunt for an A/C a good meal and lots and lots of ice tea.

Might leave like 3 a.m and get in a couple hundred miles before daylight. July...it is gonna be hot. I would enjoy it if it rained the whole way. At least it would be cool.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 05:58 PM

Model: 2012 GL-1800
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Flyone
Post imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Quote:
I do not wear yeller thongs. .
Huh?

2012 GL-1800,2001 Cycle Mate CM2000 LTD Trailer
PM of Northstar Masonic Lodge #168, Wichita, KS 2B1ASK1, Midian Shriner, AOPA, Founding member of Wild Rhinos and KANWINGS
NASSIR 5 Host - which was an honor and pleasure to serve the members of this forum.
RIP Pop Fly
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Quote:
Bagmaster wrote:
Quote:
Will be leaving the morning of the 11th, right at daybreak. Will not stop the first day until at least 500 miles are done. If I have time I may just take it on in.

I never have any plans, Just punch in an address and on a long run hit the big slab and let the bike roll.

Depends on the heat . How hot it is. I can run a 14/16 hour day, unless it is hot, then I surrender. Hunt for an A/C a good meal and lots and lots of ice tea.

Might leave like 3 a.m and get in a couple hundred miles before daylight. July...it is gonna be hot. I would enjoy it if it rained the whole way. At least it would be cool.

Kit

Oh, ok, I plan to take it in 2 days and only 8 hrs ride time each day. leaving Monday morning, camp that night and make it to Hamburg around mid afternoon on Tuesday.

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:20 PM

Post imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Quote:
Kit Carson wrote:
Quote:
Bagmaster wrote:
Quote:

Kit

Oh, ok, I plan to take it in 2 days and only 8 hrs ride time each day. leaving Monday morning, camp that night and make it to Hamburg around mid afternoon on Tuesday.
Hey:

I do not intend to offend. But I am tough to ride with. I am a solo rider , very safe and observant , but also very aggressive at times. I will be around a truck and gone before someone towing a trailer can even figure out where I went. I go through town and heavy traffic staying away from them and running always the left lane on a muti lane road. in town. I watch the intersections way before I get there and most of the time my feet do not even go down, I am though the intersection before I was there. Lol!

I hate camping. Bugs and skeeters, hot and humid, not for me. I had enough of that in previous times.

I have taken myself totally out of the local group rides. No more. Someone always says.......I gotta go get gas..........or they show up ten minutes late and want the whole group to turn around.........sorry bout that, you are a grown man.

Group rides are quite the challenge most of the time, ok for a day ride, but on a long run I want to run solo.

Again I mean no offense to that, I am just not compatible to most riders. I run the rabbits on the big slab too, one up ahead doing 95, I am behind him a bit running 90.

Groups on a long run make me feel unsafe, and not fun to have to be watching not only the traffic but the group too.

Sorry, I am an onery ole fart now. Lol. Very aggressive in traffic, and watching out for other bikes could or might compromise my safety. When I stop at a light and have to actually stop I stop center line slightly angled, and I will lane split right up the middle if I have to.

Over the years I just grew very weary of group rides. Finally decided I would not compromise for that. Just ride my own ride. Groups make me feel unsafe. Totally.

I will say Hi and mess around and buy ya a beer when I get there. But I have changed a lot in riding in the last two years. I am totally a solo rider. The exception to that is a lazy day ride, slow speeds and no set goals.

Kit

Kit
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page