Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Events (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/3-events/)
-   -   Thunder in the Highlands (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/3-events/349255-thunder-highlands.html)

JamesGang 06-19-2010 05:59 AM

imported post

Can You Feel the Thunder?

This will be the second year for the Cape Breton Biker Festival, held in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Last years event was a huge success with thousands of attendee's.
It is predicted that this festival will be the premier event for motorcyclists in Atlantic Canada.

July 30th to August 2nd, 2010 on North America's friendliest island.

http://www.capebretonbikefest.ca/home/

JamesGang 06-27-2010 02:54 PM

imported post

I just received an e-mail from the organizers of the Storm the Fortress of Louisbourg saying that they are half way to the maximum riders allowed. Only 300 bikes will be permitted to ride into the fortress. Normally they're isn't any vehicles permitted on the grounds in order to maintain the illusion of 17th century life. This is done only for the Cape Breton Biker Festival and really is a must do experience. All of the staff are in period costume's and play their parts like actors. There are restaurants were you can order a 17th century meal which must be eaten with only a spoon. I guess they didn't have forks and knives back in the day! Many other events and a few surprises are in store for those who attend. Last year the French troops arrested one burly biker for stealing a sheep. He was paraded through the fortress in shackles with said sheep in tow. The bleating of the sheep while the governor read the charges was enough to make some people comment on what the biker was planning to do with the animal. All in good fun!

If you plan on being in Cape Breton during the Biker Fest, register now for the Storm the Fortress Ride.

DJChopperD 07-06-2010 09:54 AM

imported post

Wow, ride to the Fort would be awesome. But even if you can't ride the bike there, go visit. It is worth the trip.

I can't make the event but hopefully it will go off without a snag. The weather out there at that time of year is usually very pleasant.

Have FUN!!!

Dan

Moncton, NB

JamesGang 07-06-2010 10:07 AM

imported post

Thanks for the response, Dan. I was wondering if anyone was paying attention!

nealc_64 07-14-2010 06:53 PM

imported post

Just returned from two weeks on the beautifull east coast of Canada ..hopefully next time I visit will be on two wheels instead of four . You have some real sweet riding roads made this ontario boy jealous

JamesGang 07-15-2010 04:10 AM

imported post

Sorry I missed you, nealc_64. Did you make it up to Cape Breton? The Cabot Trail really is a 'must ride' destination for motorcyclist's. If you do come back on two wheels, let me know so we can ride it together!

nealc_64 07-15-2010 04:23 PM

imported post

I didnt get to Cape Bretton but spent hte week on the south shore ...definatley had bikes in mind when they layed out those twisties

DJChopperD 07-15-2010 07:05 PM

imported post

Well there will be at least 3 guys from Moncton heading out your way on Friday.
I might go early Sunday Morning if I am not too tired after my DJ gig on Saturday Night.

Dan

JamesGang 07-16-2010 04:23 AM

imported post

DJChopperD wrote:
Quote:

Well there will be at least 3 guys from Moncton heading out your way on Friday.
I might go early Sunday Morning if I am not too tired after my DJ gig on Saturday Night.

Dan
Oh man, Dan, your timing couldn't be worse. My clutch cable broke on Tuesday and I can't get a replacement until next Tuesday.
Where is your 'DJ gig'?

DJChopperD 07-16-2010 02:08 PM

imported post

I might have not have been clear enough on my message. They are heading out your way for your event on "the" Friday and I might be joining them on the Sunday of your event.

As for the gig, it's in my home city of Moncton.

No one from here is going up this weekend that I know of. Hopefully your bike will ready by the time your event rolls around.

Dan

www.harleywing.ca