NASSIR 4 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
FM

Model: 91-I
Garage
Post imported post

What happened toVOTING? Is thisan OBAMA decision?

Ithink a little more thoughtinput on this with respects to the group as a whole.
Especially in these hard economic times.

WHO KNOWS, it’s always possible for a new member to join and have a better location for NASSIR 4.

Understandable and wonderful someone wants to host it, but still,where's the group input?

JUST a suggestion:

Butte, Montana area, ornearby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Passed On, R.I.P.

Post imported post

The voting was done at NASSIR3, I believe on Wednesday night after the auction. The rule has been you have to be at NASSIR to be able to vote for next years location. We went through all this last year too, so it's nothing new to see some one bring it up again this year.

I'd actually like to see it in the Ozark Mountains area or the Texas Hill country myself but I wasn't AT NASSIR3 so what I want or would like doesn't count.

Michael
Too much chrome to polish, too little time!!
Have trailer, will travel!! Not all Wingers are old Wingers.

PGR member. Riding in memory of my father, Clyde D. Ward, USN. WWII

Myself, USN, Vietnam Vet. 68-72, 74-76
VF-194 aboard the USS. Oriskany
USS Saratoga, ships company

-----------------------------------
Bagmaster, our former forum Toolmaster and friend, is no longer with us. He passed away in February 2012.

The roads and byways, no matter how beautiful and exhilarating, are a lonelier place now. RIP Bagmaster (Baggy).
-----------------------------------
post #3 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

I'm not going to get into the politics/reasons of why/where the upcoming event will be held. I'm fine with where it was announced to be, as I have some 'unfinished business' in California to attend to, but I understand your concerns Floyd, although not your alternative choice for a venue. Absolutelynothing there!

Following your line of thought, Cody, WY,would be my choice, as there is a lot to offer in the immediate area.

Dusty ..... happy to ride anywhere!

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

The point of moving the locations is partly to open it up periodically to different groups of people, geographically speaking. The east coast has been done, the middle of the country has been done, perhaps the west coast is due...

I cannot make the easters, so the west is welcome. With 30,000 members, not all can be pleased. Nassir 4 will be my first one, so I have not voted yet.

I would hope you try to make it if you can...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

post #5 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 12:04 PM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL-1800A
Garage
Post imported post

UBarW wrote:
Quote:
The point of moving the locations is partly to open it up periodically to different groups of people, geographically speaking. The east coast has been done, the middle of the country has been done, perhaps the west coast is due...

I cannot make the easters, so the west is welcome. With 30,000 members, not all can be pleased. Nassir 4 will be my first one, so I have not voted yet.

I would hope you try to make it if you can...
Agreed!!

I wasn't there for the vote but I think it should be fair for all.

GWRRA 327965
Rider Ed Level 4 #8529 (Master)
Darksider #1491
post #6 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM
A d m i n i s t r a t o r

Model: 1994 Aspencade
Post imported post

There was no voting. The decision came down from Wexy and was only announced after the auction.

Dennis

Join me on facebook Dennis D-Rod Ruda, Hamburg, New York

Button Lady's book website:
post #7 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Piled Higher and Deeper

Post imported post

Hey.. I can't even find the post where NASSIR 4 was announced...

but I was dragged into that voting mess for NASSIR 2 and believe me there were just as many unhappy people after an honest attempt to "elect" a place.. NASSIR3 was decided by the attending "committee" and worked out great.... wasn't there this year so don't know who decided where.. I've heard a rumor of Washington... and if it is true.. there are some great dedicated forum members from the area that I am sure will make a great event..

If there is a place already, I'd like to see it announced.. get the complaining over early..

AKA "Jim"
---------------
Have a Gold Wing? Look at the
! even though they closed this one it has the best graphics and is valid.
---------------
If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
---------------
2000 GL1500SE
1983 GL1100I
---------------
But formerly San Diego, Terra Haute, Aiken, Oak Ridge, Tonopah NV, Pasadena CA, Aiken SC, Richland WA, and now back to Tonopah NV..)
post #8 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
FM

Garage
Post imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Quote:
The voting was done at NASSIR3, I believe on Wednesday night after the auction. The rule has been you have to be at NASSIR to be able to vote for next years location.
Debbie was at the auction till the end and I was awake in my tent at the auctions end, we heard nothing about voting.

“IF” the votingwas after the auction there were several people who left early to get a good nights sleep for the next days ride and some were just dog-gone tired from the heat. So the choosing of next years location was really unfair.
We’re all in this together aren’t we?

With all due respect and the vote were live, voting should have been via voting cards passed out to each member and the tally on the last day.

Secondly “IF” it were up to only those in attendance to vote, eventually this RALLY will dwindle to but a few. Besides, in respect to those who could not attend due to economics or excessive traveling distance, they should have a chance to have asay.

Something smells fishy & it didn’t come from Newfoundland.

post #9 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
A d m i n i s t r a t o r

Model: 1994 Aspencade
Post imported post

I repeat THERE WAS NO VOTING. THE DECISION WAS MADE BY WEXY AT LEAST A WEEK BEFORE NASSIR 3 AND WAS ONLY ANNOUNCED AT THE END OF THE AUCTION.

Dennis

Join me on facebook Dennis D-Rod Ruda, Hamburg, New York

Button Lady's book website:
post #10 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
FM

Garage
Post imported post

D-Rod wrote:
Quote:
There was no voting. The decision came down from Wexy and was only announced after the auction.
I wonder, did Wexy choose this locationfor me to possiblynotattend so he has more time to practice his slow-ride techniques?

I'm joking. . . . devilishly!

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page