CLASSIC GOLD WING MEET 2011 AUGUST 12, 13 and 14 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Guru

Post imported post

[align=center]CLASSIC GOLD WING MEET 2011 AUGUST 12, 13 and 14 near Brantford, Ontario[/align]

[align=center](all makes of motorcycles welcome but the focus is on the Classic Gold Wings)[/align]

Hi folks, it’s that time again to get together and meet up with Classic Gold Wing riders for good times, bike discussions and to just generally have some fun together.

WHAT: an open bike meet for anyone interested in Gold Wings, past and present. You can be riding a Harley, BMW, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda etc. to join us as long as somewhere in your heart you have a soft spot for classic Gold Wings.

WHEN: Friday, August 12 after 4 P.M., Saturday the 13[suP]th[/suP] and Sunday the 14[suP]th[/suP], 2011

LOCATION: Tricky’s place in Waterford, Ontario just a short distance from Brantford.

Address: 1537 Villa Nova Road, Norfolk County GPS POSITION: N42 59.442 W80 13.426

Google Map: http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=42.992041,-80.22438&ll=42.992155,-80.224314&spn=0.049597,0.13175&gl=ca&z =14

Directions Highway 403

Exit Rest Acres head south Turn Left on Ellis Ave, TURN RIGHT on Mt Pleasant Road, TURN LEFT on H,
TURN RIGHT on Biggars Lane, Apprx 5.5 Miles TURN LEFT onto RR19, TURN RIGHT on Villa Nova Road

If you get lost call: 519 443 8744

Camping is available on site, at no cost, if people wish to bring a tent. Garage available for sleeping in if required, doors open or closed.... possible air beds can be acquired for those who wish.

Saturday Breakfast at Boston Common for the early birds, lets try for Bell Homestead tour. It was rained out last time.

Hopefully we will have two types of trikes there for those who might be interested and a discussion.

Maybe some carb syncing and small maintenance jobs, cannot do Kens air filter again we did it last time

Rib fest Saturday in Brantford during the evening. http://www.btfdribfest.exofire.net/home.php

Sunday Breakfast again at Boston Common then off to Niagara Falls and tour the Hydro plant.

Vic will lead those who choose not to join the hydro plant tour to a Niagara Falls rest+relaxation spot and we can meet later and have dinner at the Boathouse restaurant 3807 Macklem street Niagara Falls.

http://www.restaurantica.com/on/niagara-falls/boat-house-restaurant/23005725/map/
People can disperse from there if they wish or we will ride back to event site along the Lake shore depending on the time available

[align=center]PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW AS IT MAY BENEFIT YOU GREATLY[/align]

This is G.W.R.R.A. sponsored event and every attempt will be made to help you have fun with friends in a safe manner but when driving our bikes all rules of Ontario law apply and that means to wear a helmet, drive carefully/courteously and sober. Any careless, reckless or dangerous driving will be cause for organizers to ask you to leave the group for safety reasons.[/b]

[/b]

Crossing the border info: http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm [/b]

[/b]

If you drink and drive the following information will be extremely important to you:[/b]

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/

[size=http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/fact-sheet.shtml#adls ]

[size=][/b]

[size=If you’re coming to this event please email [email protected] so we know how many are coming otherwise you may arrive and be told that we are out of space for you.][/b]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A place for GL1200\'s to gather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Guru

Post imported post

It was a wonderful weekend and a good time was had by all who attended. Rick and Sue, event hosts, made us all feel very welcome by opening their doors to everyone who was there. Thank you Rick and Sue, you were wonderful hosts and true classic Gold Wingers at heart. I was really impressed by a father and son, Roger and Luke, who rode down from Thunder Bay, Ontario and camped out in a tent all weekend. Really great people. Sure would be nice to see a lot more fathers and sons attend these get togethers. I really enjoyed myself meeting the new folks and excersizing my skills at tuning some of the bikes. One fellow, Glenn, rode his 1200 all the way from New Hampshire and I'm glad he did because he was a lot of fun. Charlie, one of the moderators from the Classic Gold Wing site came out with his friend Carrie and Carrie helped out by cooking lunch for us, thank you Carrie. Sylvio rode from Quebec with his beautiful 1200 with whitewalls and let us know that he sells used parts for 1200's here in Canada. We can use that source Sylvio and here's how you reach him: [email protected] Hope to see everyone again at Leamington, Ontario next year and bring a friend also.

Here are some pics if you would like to see some of what went on over the weekend:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1151784081 ... GMEET2011#

As I get time I'll add more captions to the pics. Please let me know if you have any problems viewing the pics. Also, if you attended please place your pics in this thread or email them to me and I'll post them: [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A place for GL1200\'s to gather.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page