Hi folks, here is the official 2012 CLASSIC WINGS SIG meet flyer. Check over the attachment and put this on your calender as it promises to be an awesome meet where you can make friends, thank techs from the site who have helped you fix your bike's and you can even get niggling little problems fixed on your bikes by the techs on this site. Lots of food, fun and riding. What more can you ask for.
NOTE: at the bottom of this post there is an attached PDF file that you can print out and post at your local bike shop, grocery store, college or wherever you like to let folks know to come on out. All makes of bikes are welcome, but, the GL1200 Gold Wings are the stars at this event.
CLASSIC WING S.I.G. AUGUST 10-12, 2012 WEEKEND ITINERARY
2744 MCCALLUM LINE, WILKESPORT ONTARIO CANADA N0P 2R0 (GPS: 42 44 18.03N 82 15 34.30W)
FRIDAY (10TH): YOU MAY ARRIVE AT THE FARM AT ANY TIME AFTER 12 PM
• ‘Meet and Greet’ - Supper provided: Pulled Pork, buns, etc.
• Set up your tents, enjoy a bonfire, relax, coffee and tea will be available at all times.
SATURDAY (11TH): 8AM BREAKFAST RIDE TO HEATHER’S VILLAGE CAFÉ, 3011 BRIGDEN RD., BRIGDEN ~ RETURN TO FARM ~ NOONISH RIDE TO ‘WAMBO’ IN WALLACEBURG ~ SUPPER BACK AT FARM
• After breakfast, back to the farm, for ‘bike work’ tune up, adjustments, light repairs, etc.
• OR for the ladies, if interested, return to Brigden to visit local quilt shop, if open that day.
• Noonish: Ride to Wallaceburg, 16 mi. to attend W.A.M.B.O. (http://www.kent.net/wambo/index.php
• Lunch on your own at the many booths and restaurants in town.
• After about 3 hours we will meet at a central location and ride up along the St. Clair River for scenic tour.
• Supper provided at farm: BBQ’d chicken breasts, salad and corn on cob if available. (freewill donation greatly appreciated) Bonfire: chat, relax
SUNDAY (12TH): 9AM BREAKFAST RIDE TO JOHN’S RESTAURANT, 1643 LONDON LINE, SARNIA ~ RIDE TO OIL SPRINGS FOR OIL MUSEUM TOUR
• Museum tour (the oldest commercial oil well in North America, small entrance fee of $4.00 for either the self-guided or a guided tour ( http://www.rvtravelog.com/canada.dir/ca ... daoil1.htm
• Lunch at a local restaurant in Petrolia, location to be announced.
• Event officially ends after lunch. No one needs to feel they have to leave Sunday, you are welcome to stay overnight and head out fresh on Monday if that suits your schedule.
• On-Site Camping available. Literally, acres of room to pitch your tent or set up your trailer.
• Indoor parking for bikes at night/or in case of rain.
• Dry, extremely basic, indoor sleeping accommodations also available, in large bunkhouse type trailer, with hydro. You need to bring your own air mattress, etc. We have an air comp. IMPORTANT: Please book this in advance to be assured an indoor sleeping space. If anyone has a special need, they can let us know and we will see what we can do to help.
• Reserve sleeping space by emailing here: Judy ([email protected]
) or Vic ([email protected]
• Gas station, variety store, Bank, ATM and ice are all available in Brigden.
• Palace Inn Motel, 1665 London Line, Sarnia.. 519-542-7716
• Bluewater Motel, 1626 London Line, Sarnia.. 519 542-5535 / 1 800 575-4682
• Or here is a site with several listed and reviewed.. http://hotelguides.com/ontario/sarnia-on-hotels.html
PLEASE NOTE CAREFULLY: Bringing your own alcohol permitted if you won’t be riding to another destination after drinking, essentially you must hand in your keys until the next morning if you plan on drinking. Nobody will be permitted to ride with the group at any time if intoxication is suspected, sorry, but, your safety and the safety of this group are extremely important. Also, anyone who displays unsafe behavior deemed to be unacceptable will also be asked to leave the group.