Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Rides Update!

Thread: Rides Update!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Dubswing

Rides Update!

Yesterday we rode up thru the gorge to Waynesville and Maggie Valley. There is a restaurant there called Legends. It is actually a sports bar with fantastic burgers, salads, etc. I told them to expect a group of us for lunch on our Thursday ride to the Wheels Thru Time Museum. There are several other restaurants close that are equally good. Just in case everyone doesn't know; The museum is only open Thursday thru Monday so plan on riding with the group on Thursday to visit them. I scored big at the local Biker Gear store there. A nice leather shirt/jacket that is very nice. We had a big thunderstorm before crossing the mountain into Cherokee. Still haven't decided on a restaurant for the Clingman's Dome ride but am looking at a bar-b-que place in Bryson City. So I Must make another trip to the mountains! Another big storm in Fontana but all is well.
Ladies, Lois found a neat place that has earrings in sterling sliver fashioned in the shape of the Tail of the Dragon. She is getting a pair! Also has several shops lined up for those who want to go shopping while the fellas are riding; for those ladies who would rather shop than ride.
The mountains are beautiful, the roads are pristine and the weather is just right for riding the Smoky Mountain roads!
Dubs

GL1500 Valkyrie
Work for tomorrow, live for today.
Live life like you mean it!
American Legion Member
Patriot Guard Rider Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome