Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - NASSIR 8, Edgefield, SC Sept 15-17, 2015

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
SB in SC

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
NASSIR 8, Edgefield, SC Sept 15-17, 2015

Ok folks, here is a little preliminary info about NASSIR 8.

http://www.exploreedgefield.com/place/edgefield-inn

Edgefield Inn

702 Augusta Rd,
Edgefield, SC 29824

(803) 637-2001

I spoke to the manager last night with the dates, we have a rate of $60/night. Mention "Edgefield Goldwing Rally" for the dates and rates. It is a small hotel, 46 rooms, of which she will give us 40 of, so book early if possible. There are other hotels about 15 minutes away, so don't panic if it fills up. Do not try to book online, call them at (803)637-2001

The town is very excited about this rally. The mayor is giving us the town's soccer field for free camping. There are electrical and water hook ups available here, as well as a permanent concession building with bathrooms and a covered picnic area. I will have to work on shower facilities between now and then, but shouldn't be a big deal.

The mayor has also offered to shutdown town square for us to have a block party one night (most likely, Wednesday night). There are two restaurants on the square that have great food and both serve beer. I know both owners and will ask them to stay open late for us. Maybe even a live band, we'll have to see.

My company, the NWTF, has a large covered pavilion for us to use Thursday night for the dinner and auction. Full kitchen and built in sound system. Perfect for our needs.

There are good riding roads nearby. A large lake 30 mins away, for those wanting a little more of a ride, we are 2 1/2 hrs+ from the SC/GA beaches or the mountains, both very nice rides.

I will make more details available as I can.

Sean

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AZgl1800; 09-12-2015 at 11:50 PM. Reason: give correct info, get rid of Trip Advisor crap

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome