Thread: Camping gear
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Ozarkryder

Year: 2004
Make: Honda
Model: 2004 GL1800 Champion trike
Post imported post

Yo! Get down dude! Seriously, I think down is best. There are a lot of synthetic fill bags that are very good, but there is nothing like down. It's comfortable and packs very small in a compression sack. With modern fabrics for the outer cover of the bag I don't worry about getting wet. The old down bags with a cotton outer layer could get wet, and down is miserable wet. I have a mummy bag rated to 0° for cold weatherI don'tuse, since I don't go winter camping anymore, and another much lighter square bag rated at 40°. Square bags let you move around a bit more,and yo can open it up and use as a comforter if its hot out. As far a mattress, I would use a Thermarest type self-inflating pad. Pretty comfortable, and they insulate you from the ground. Air mattressescan getcold when the temps get low (below 60° for me). If you have the room, Aerostich Rider Warehouse has a neat cot that collapses small. Keeps you off the ground, too. They also have a bunch of other motorycle camping gear.the cot is at the bottom of the page. Yeah, it is spendy.

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...p-1-c-273.html

Here is a link to a great site on motorcycle camping. I disagree about the down sleeping bags, but it is a great resource. Definatly don't need to bring all 232+1 things on the list!

http://wetleather.com/reference/camping.html

Don - 2004 GL1800 Champion trike & 1990 HD FLHS-1 less wheel
Motorcycle rights activist-Member of:
AMA-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MRF-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FORR Local 11 Legislative Officer-

ABATE of Ar Dist.4 Local Board & Legislative Liaison -

Mid South M.I.L.E. committee -

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome