Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 06:06 AM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scons View Post
Is it possibe to modify font size and/or background colour. I find it harder on the eyes, but fortunately not as bad as the Goldwing Owners forum on my Samsung Tab3
I don't own a Tab3, is that the same as the Note 3 ??

So, therefore, I don't have a clue if your web browser supports changing the background and the link colors.

On my Desktop PC using Firefox, I can change the background and force it to over-ride the website.... but that can cause a lot of problems sometimes.

I can also select what colors the links will displayed in, ie, blue for links that I have not clicked on, but once clicked on, they will display in red. For me, that is extremely useful as it indicates that I have read the first post in the RED threads.... this is important, because the 1st post determines for me if the new member is a spammer or a real Goldwinger...

My cellphone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android.

My browser is CMBrowser and it has settings for Font Size.

I can set Image Downloads for WiFi only which reduces the DATA $$ expense.

but that seems to be all that the Android browser has available with this particular browser. That are a lot of Android browsers out there, I have tried a lot of them, and they all got deleted including CHROME because of deficiencies in how they work.

You can go the Bottom Left Corner of this webpage and select Legacy if you wish.... I now tried that on phone and you get the usual wide display which for phones is a bit of an irritant.

I just now selected Mobile on the S5 and it creates a vertical display, that you scroll up/dn.

That seems to provide a decent display, but as I have my phone's browser font set to HUGE, it makes reading the threads a bit of a bitch. just the title of a thread consumes the whole entire screen. makes for a lot of scrolling... but, unless the font is HUGE, I can't read the text at all.

young eyeballs I suppose, is there a cure for that?

As for the background color, the IT team has promised me that they will be creating some new backgrounds for us, similar to what we have in the Legacy version. Yellow for sure, dark, and a red theme?

as the software gets a few days on it, they will keep tweaking it for us.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome