Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - What did you do to your Wing today?

View Single Post
post #3631 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Kyle

Model: 2010
Garage
Just finished a rear tire change on my 2010....uuuggghhhh....... 10 of us got together and bought a tire changer and figured if I got one tire changed, it paid for my investment. My group involved in this all ride Harley Ultra's and we changed out 4 tires on Harley's and it went really well. At 30,000klm and the tire pretty much a slick, figured it was time to give mine a go, with the big concern being the TPMS sensor. So, how do you break the bead? The new tire changer didn't even come close to it. Using a floor jack and the trailer hitch on my truck we managed to get it broke. Damn near tore apart our new equipment getting the tire off and yes used losts of lube. Managed to get one side of the tire on and avoided the TPMS sensor just fine. Getting the other 1/2 on beat us up and I ended up going back to my dealer to finish it off for me. (My group gave me back my money on the tire changer) Jobe5 told me it was going to be a nightmare...well you were right fella!!!

Further research has shown us we need to get the plastic coated tire spoons to get the job done. Any tricks anyone has would be appreciated. The well in the rim is not very deep on these wings, so not much wiggle room to get the last 1/4 of the bead on the rim. I have a spare rim with a car tire on it that needs to be changed out, so thought I'd seek any tricks anyone has before we make our 2nd attempt on a wing rim.

2010 That is Black and has a Black Trailer on the Back.
2003 That is the fastest Red I've ever seen
Riding a 4 wheeler, 2 of them are on the trailer
My hair is white, my neck is red, my collar is blue.
Darkside #1721
2010 Rear-Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55R/16
2003 Rear-Goodyear Eagle Ultragrip 195/55R/16
Wild Rhino
Group of Ten (Those ten guys from Winnipeg)
AKA Wingerpeg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome